I Received my Galen Govier decoding of my fender tag and IBM card - 65 Formula S

-

Hopeto

Reaction score
I posted previously that I had received a copy of the IBM build card on my car from Chrysler Historical. I sent it and copies of my fender tag to Galen Govier for decoding. Several folks here on the board were quite helpful in decoding almost all of the fender tag but I wanted more info. Here's some of what was provided by Galen Govier's Service via email. Hard copies are being mailed. The last of the images is the decoding of the IBM card. Quite interesting. The car is a 1965 Barracuda Formula S, 4 Speed.

65cudaibm4.jpg

65cudatag.jpg

65cudagovier1.jpg

65cudagovier2.jpg

65cudagovier3.jpg

65cudagovier4.jpg

I had to chop part of it off in order to blow it up so the forum would accept. You should be able to read this one.

65cudagovier8.jpg

Last edited:
Question, did Mopar historic ever "cash the check" you sent in? Or paid online..? I have heard from multiple outlets that checks were sent but never cashed. This is a great posting. Your car is 4 days older than my April fools car and is very close to mine 'cept the 4sp.and the X=3?
VIN.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know " barracuda silver" was a color on the paint charts. my 65 was " buffed silver" not barracuda silver

If the stripe was dealer applied why is it in the build sheet? 'Dealer applied' sounds like a dealer option. "You want a stripe? Yeah sure, Come back tomorrow and pick it up..how about some disk brakes with that order too?"

Pishta, last summer I mailed Chrysler Historical with their required information and a check. They sent my check back to me, and a nice letter giving me the ship date and dealership my car went to.

Hopeto looks great a nice thing to have. I emailed Galen a couple times, and never got a response. I ended up picking up one of his code books at a car show and did my own. Enjoy your car....love the color!!

They did return my check with the copy of the ID Card. My "Dealer" code is Chrysler Corporation - New York Zone. Most have interpreted that as possibly some sort of internal use or executive vehicle.
"If the stripe was dealer applied why is it in the build sheet?"
My understanding is that a lot of them were done at the dealer but it was available from the factory and this car was a factory painted racing stripe car.

cool, so yours DID have a stripe with paint code NN4BB. That seems to somewhat confirm 4 is the stripe code and B is black. cool. Zman67S, what is X=3 in your book, and 7=2?

Hi All,

I looked at trying to contact Chrysler Historical to get the card and find out the dealership that my car was originally sent to, but the last link for them I found sent me straight to FC's general website. Anyone have updated contact information for them?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I looked at trying to contact Chrysler Historical to get the card and find out the dealership that my car was originally sent to, but the last link for them I found sent me straight to FC's general website. Anyone have updated contact information for them?

Thanks!
That's the site I used, fcnorthamerica.com. There is a two page check the block fill in the blank form . Think I sent in a copy of my insurance card to verify I owned the car. About six weeks later I got a response.

Ok, I was unable to find it... If you have a sec, would you mind sending me the link?

Thanks!

The stripes on my Barracuda were painted first. Body Color second. If the car still has the original paint, you can see the order it was painted if you look close.

The stripes on my Barracuda were painted first. Body Color second. If the car still has the original paint, you can see the order it was painted if you look close.
Now that would be a neat trick if the dealer painted it!

Last edited:
I read the same thing about the fire. It's a bummer. I sent off to Chrysler Historical a few years ago. Along with the IBM punch card, I got this:

Build Sheet pic.jpg

Here's another 65 F/S Barracuda NN Silver fender tag w/o stripe. Notice the number "1" under the "E" indicating factory air conditioning. Kinda rare.

1965Cuda33_1024x617.jpg

-
Back