I think I have some really rare parts

-
This isn't the for sale forum. We don't do feeler threads and this isn't Ebay. If you want to sell stuff, post it up for sale in the for sale section with pictures and prices. That's how it works here.

I love how people just blatantly disagree with this post and totally ignore my apologies. Truth is, I was having a really bad day with a migraine and wasn't thinking very clearly. That's why I came back and apologized. But that means **** apparently to some so stick it.

OP, is it about 18 pounds?
upload_2019-7-11_15-25-58.png

Oh well, back to reality, just looked outside at the ol' Dart with no steering wheel or dash.

where in Ohio are you located?

I've seen a couple from time to time. Experimental piece from the early 60s. Had to be a factory backed race team according to legend to get one. and the longevity wasn't much and definitely not streetable.
Columbus

John, I would do some homework before turning loose of this stuff. There is a class of drag racing still today that run these cars. Someone here will surely know more than I, but the Nostalgia drags runs this class all over the country. NNSS or NSS, cant remember I have been out of racing for a while.

John, are you on Facebook? I am friends with Robert Landy, Dick's son. He's a great guy and he'd be glad to help if he knows anything about all this. Even if he doesn't, he might could put you in touch with someone who might know some solid worth. It's worth a shot.

John, I would do some homework before turning loose of this stuff. There is a class of drag racing still today that run these cars. Someone here will surely know more than I, but the Nostalgia drags runs this class all over the country. NNSS or NSS, cant remember I have been out of racing for a while.
Agreed. If I had the coin, I’d make an offer now but some of that stuff is nearly worth it’s weight in gold to be fair

Still no winning ticket, yet... you are going to have to get to digging through those boxes of stuff. It’s hard to say what might be in there with all that early 70s pro stock stuff. I think this is a great time to share some important history from this era, being that we’re on the topic. Worth watching for some of the pics of the mechanicals in the cars.

Last edited:
IIRC the water pump housings were AL too. I aquired one with the reservoir bolted on top and the guy restoring the Don Carlton Wire car bought it off me!

I really have an unhealthy fascination with the 70s pro stock, in case anyone is wondering. The factory engineers started going overtime like “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday” wasn’t going to end. Staff from the Chrysler missile plant (ICBM component construction) started finding its way over to the factory race pr and aerospace materials started showing up in the cars. Truth being stranger than fiction, computers from NASA’s Saturn program were even used for track testing during the development of the wire cars. Tom Hoover best quote ever was “If the fate of the free world came down to a drag race between us and the Russians, i’d want Ronnie Sox to be driving”.

I really have an unhealthy fascination with the 70s pro stock, in case anyone is wondering. The factory engineers started going overtime like “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday” wasn’t going to end. Staff from the Chrysler missile plant (ICBM component construction) started finding its way over to the factory race pr and aerospace materials started showing up in the cars. Truth being stranger than fiction, computers from NASA’s Saturn program were even used for track testing during the development of the wire cars. Tom Hoover best quote ever was “If the fate of the free world came down to a drag race between us and the Russians, i’d want Ronnie Sox to be driving”.

Ah, the wire car, i think most people think it was called that because of electronics !

That is a great quote... *sigh* if only people could solve the world's conflicts by racing instead of killing each other.

Im looking to sell or trade my aluminum Stage 2 D port Hemi heads by Mullins. These were to be used on a blown alcohol motor but never ran. Heads, new Landy roller rockers, aluminum rods, pistons, blower intake..
All never run.
Looking for stock alum heads, rockers, block, A body headers, or ??

Im looking to sell or trade my aluminum Stage 2 D port Hemi heads by Mullins. These were to be used on a blown alcohol motor but never ran. Heads, new Landy roller rockers, aluminum rods, pistons, blower intake..
All never run.
Looking for stock alum heads, rockers, block, A body headers, or ??
Better to put this post in a wanted add in the marketplace section

-
Back