I think I might of found the problem

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
My g/f has a 93 Acclaim. It has been acting up lately. So I did a copression test on it. No. 3 cylinder only had 20 pounds. Well pulled the head and this is what ia found.

Picture021.jpg

The exhaust valve is burnt in the no. 3 cylinder. Good thing I have another head for it. Now lets just hope this solves the problem

Before doing anything with the engine in the car, check the oil in the pan.

If you have coolant contamination of the oil, forget about repairing that engine. Your bottom end is finished with coolant in the oil.

It would be less expensive to just get a good salvage yard engine, and install

Vs29H1B said:
Before doing anything with the engine in the car, check the oil in the pan.

If you have coolant contamination of the oil, forget about repairing that engine. Your bottom end is finished with coolant in the oil.

It would be less expensive to just get a good salvage yard engine, and install

There seems to be no sign of water in the oil. It all looks good. So I think I am ok in that aspect.

Looks like it is cracked between the valve seats as well. Very typical of the 2.2/2.5 engines. When you install the head make sure you purge the air from the top end in that wateroutlet by removing that tapped plug. Alot of people do not and they overheat the engine....Good luck.

Suregrip391 said:
Looks like it is cracked between the valve seats as well. Very typical of the 2.2/2.5 engines. When you install the head make sure you purge the air from the top end in that wateroutlet by removing that tapped plug. Alot of people do not and they overheat the engine....Good luck.

Yes it does seem to have cracks between the valves on 3 of the cylinders. that is why I am putting the other head i have on it... Ok, not to sure what oyu are talking about the tapped plug, and I hope it isn't something I need to do before I instal the new head, as I put it on today.

-
Back