I wanna see your trunks and stereo's!!!

-
No stereo.

new trunk.JPG

Ok, finally snapped a couple of pics. The front panel nicely covers the sub box and the underside of the package tray 6x9's. The panels were made from peg board stuff that I had kicking around in the garage and covered with some spare indoor/outdoor carpet. All of the panels were made tight enough to "snap" into place with no fasteners, and even with a lot of the behind the seat space covered up, there is still plenty of room for tools and parts and a marshal half stack :) It's a little dirty from my last trip to the JY but for a daily driver I just wanted something that looked a little more "finished" than painted steel.

Ian, If you're thinking of making a console have a look here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=38122

IMG00010-20090928-1801 (Small).jpg

IMG00011-20090928-1801 (Small).jpg

Player1up,

Bingo ! That was exactly what I was thinking of....

Thanks !!!!
ian.

player1,
I was thinking about making the side panels to cover the jack and stuff. Were they difficult?

I strongly dislike stereos in cars like this.... thats tuner crap in my opinion. Sorry, I want engine parts, not speakers. Just my opinion, but I dont think you're going to get many pics of sound systems on this forum.

For the spare tire question...

A mounted P195/75R14 fits below the deck of my 72 and 73.

As to the original topic... you dont wanna see my trunk.. lol

green1 - You've gonna have stereo. LOUD stereo from two round openings under the floor and only the sweet sound of V8 horsepower coming out.
Seriously, your trunk looks like the one in my long-ago gone '69 Dart. I was running 14x32 slicks on my old Dart. Looked like wall-to-wall tire from the back.

I strongly dislike stereos in cars like this.... thats tuner crap in my opinion. Sorry, I want engine parts, not speakers. Just my opinion, but I dont think you're going to get many pics of sound systems on this forum.

I agree to a point - i have a cd player hidden and on the back shelf i have speaker grills out of an old 80s somethin that are round and look perfect. I got a set of 6x9s back there under the cardboard shelf, and now i get to listen to some music while i drive. I dont want a sub or anything crazy, because this car has got to look good, even in the trunk. Personally, I don’t think that subs look natural in a classic like ours, BUT i think a stereo is important; and asking how people put stereos into their cars is a valid question.

True - he wont get a lot of pictures of some massive stereo systems from this crowd - but personally, I’m strong to "Build it how you want it". Now, if he figures out how to put some massive system into his car AND make it look good - BIG props to him!!
:)

green1 - You've gonna have stereo. LOUD stereo from two round openings under the floor and only the sweet sound of V8 horsepower coming out.
Seriously, your trunk looks like the one in my long-ago gone '69 Dart. I was running 14x32 slicks on my old Dart. Looked like wall-to-wall tire from the back.
Yeah, looking for rims now, have a 4.88, need 32's.

Picture_011.jpg

29133560043_large.jpg

IMG_2879.sized.jpg

I have a 12" Polk MOMO sub in the trunk with a ADS PQ-20 4ch amp for the doors and the 6x9's in the rear. The sub is on a mono Profile 600m. Please forgive the sub-box, its not finished.

Galactic eyes... I bet that system sounds good. I really like the component speakers. I have always wanted to try the component speakers in my Dodge Ram but never got around to it. My Dodge Ram is a regular cab with two 12" Auidobaugn subs behind the seats.... 1800 watts just going to the subs alone LOL!

Thanks Ian

And to Rob
player1,
I was thinking about making the side panels to cover the jack and stuff. Were they difficult?

The panels weren't hard to do. The process is like this:
1. Use a big piece of cardboard to make the template ( trim to fit, test fit multiple times )
2. transfer the cardboard template to the Masonite or peg board and cut out.
3. cover or paint...

Step one is the kicker, if your template is sloppy with beat up edges then your panel will have the same issues and you'll be trimming the finished panel. Oh, and if you'll be covering with carpet ( thick material ) cut just to the inside of the line... to allow room for the folded over edges.

Galactic eyes,

Your stereo looks awesome and tasteful..

I have sent you a pm.

Grassy

Thanks Ian

And to Rob

The panels weren't hard to do. The process is like this:
1. Use a big piece of cardboard to make the template ( trim to fit, test fit multiple times )
2. transfer the cardboard template to the Masonite or peg board and cut out.
3. cover or paint...

Step one is the kicker, if your template is sloppy with beat up edges then your panel will have the same issues and you'll be trimming the finished panel. Oh, and if you'll be covering with carpet ( thick material ) cut just to the inside of the line... to allow room for the folded over edges.
What material did you use on your interior?

Galactic eyes,

Your stereo looks awesome and tasteful..

I have sent you a pm.

Grassy
Thanks Grassy, The 6.5" grills are removable so that I can roll down the windows.:-D
I'm no longer using that Sony radio. I have another Sony Mobile ES radio in there now. The ES allows for better sound processing. I still have a signal processor with center channel and electronic crossovers to add later. I want to do something like player1up before I continue.

-
Back