I wanna see your trunks and stereo's!!!

-

amzchad

Reaction score
Looking for what you did to your trunk or how it looks. Also interested in your stereo setups.

What is the proper size spare tire for a 72 dart swinger?

I was going to post something along this line..

Looks like the daughter is going to buy a system with one sub, 2 *9s and two smaller ones up front. Everything is easy except for the front speakers..I really don't want to cut holes in the doors..any ideas ?

Grassy

I like this setup......LOL jk
bluesmobile_speaker_1974_dodge_monaco.jpg

The chrome Barracuda script didn't show up very well in the pic. It was a hat pin.

S6302068.jpg

I took the stereo out after I bought the car.I would rather listen to my car.I priced it,found out it was worth $1500,sold it for $600.8)

I was waitin for some trunks too show up,lol.Those are very cool,me like.Need to get a pair.8)

The nice thing about a stereo is that you can turn it off when you want..but if you don't have one, you cannot turn it on..

How were the front speakers installed ?? ..I think that may be the point about this thread..

Enough fun........at least for now.:cheers:

I would put some 3 inchers in the orig. speaker hole. I think a member here makes the adaptor or you could make your own. Then just some kick a$$ 6x9 for the rear, maybe a small amp. That should be all you need.
Leave the thump for the imports(they need it to cover up the beeeeezzzz in the coffee can sound)

Here's a pic of my front set up.

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

the spare was a letter size E which is a very narrow bias ply or poly cord tire.
Metric radials with their round side walls wont fit. I've heard of owners cutting larger, deeper spare wells from parts yard donors to solve the problem. Crown Vic maybe ? Whatever fits between the a-body frame rails anyway.

I went with the stock look in my trunk of my 67 Dart. Year One makes an awesome repo mat made of rubber. Those vinyl ones on EBay are not nearly as good and full of wrinkles.

Mark

DSC02180.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

I was going to post something along this line..

Looks like the daughter is going to buy a system with one sub, 2 *9s and two smaller ones up front. Everything is easy except for the front speakers..I really don't want to cut holes in the doors..any ideas ?

Grassy

These kick panels from yearone allow you to have great sound without modifying your vehicle. They feature openings to install your 4" speakers (speakers not included). Available in black only, but can be dyed to match the interior.

kpa76.b.jpg

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/...&hid=111CD13343&cat=1&trk=12&searchid=2648608

If you want a trick setup, FABO member '74 Sport makes a great underdash speaker plate that holds 2 speakers of your choice and fits
in the stock location like homecloned's pic!!

Here's what I did with the bracket I bought from Jerry. These are blaupunkt.

Speaker Plate 005.jpg

Speaker Plate 010.jpg

Speaker Plate 005.jpg

Speaker Plate 010.jpg

oh, and here's a picture of my 67 notch cuda trunk :)

2na0935.jpg

Sorry, no woofer box :p

Probably next summer, I will put my stereo system in the dart. It consists of a 12 jl audio w3, a punch 60 amp, 1 farad capacitor, I will also finish out the trunk with side panels and carpet them to hide the side wheel well opening. Inside the car, I am using pioneer 6 x9's and a custom center counsel holding 3.5" pioneers. Radio is a cheap one for now. I have all this stuff now just doing the body work first before the stereo goes in.
Rob

I'll see if I can get some posted tomorrow, I made panels to cover the inside of the quarters and one to go in the middle to cover the sub box. Now if I could find one of those inside tail light panel covers, it'd be complete.

I've got a tail light panel cover from 75 Valiant Brogham. Had it sold once before but the shipping cost killed the deal. Its a farly large part.

yeah I've seen them pop up on ebay a few times for a "decent" price but can't stomach paying more for shipping than the item either, especially when I've got more important things to spend the money on. :( ... one of these days type of purchase.

Thaks for the info..I found another from

http://www.casmfg.com/Mopar_kickpanels.htm

Unfortunately, they come with speakers..I have e-mail one of their canadian resellers but I have't had a response yet..I like year one better.. I also found a vid on Youtube if you have the talent to make on.

I was also thinking about a console for the duster..I think I have only ever seen one..I havwe found a few for other makes on ebay and they are nutz expensive..has anyone out there made on..I was thinking you could also install some gauges it it as well..

Ian.

-
Back