I want to appologize to Don!

-

BJS racing

Not all there!
Reaction score
Even thought I have to him via email I wanted to do it publicly also. I am sorry that the deal with the fenders did not work out for us. I did not anticipate this many problems with shipping. So once again I am sorry. I will be sending you your money back this week with my sincerest appology. And for those of you that may try in the near future if you ship UPS and try to send fenders it is considered oversized and will cost you dearly. Thank you.

Jason

See, that's what I like about this site. I don't know Don or Jason or what transpired but I get the sense that the folks in general here are nice, decent, polite people. I applaud anyone with the stones to take responsibility and apologize - whether they're at fault or not - for problems that pop up and try to make things right. Seems it's becoming rarer.

Oh, and I've had fenders shipped to me via bus at reasonable prices and it worked out well too. :)

I had a pair shipped to me by DHL. They were fairly reasonable in the prices. But I don't know how to ship with them since there isn't a local pickup point close by. Greyhound is great except the closest bus station to me is 60 miles away. Jeff

It's good to hear, hope it wasn't too :pain10:

Now this is bad...how about a console delivered, 75.00 CN by UPS to Canada. Someone's making good coin. And what's really bad was two packages on different days. :cussing: ..total cost 125.00 "delivery" fees only.

Glad I never ordered a rear end $$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry...no longer buy from US.

I like what I'm reading here, it is indeed more rare today for someone to appologize privately let along publically, and even though it appears the situation was not his fault anyhow, still this guy wanted to do this. Good man in my estimation. But then again,.........he is a Mopar guy, right? But sadly even in our own circle of connections within the hobby this kind of "going the second mile" is becoming rather rare.

I will be looking for a few things other than advise, answers and the such for the lil Dart, hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to deal with like minded guys. :salute:

I have always had the mind that I want to treat people the way I would want to be treated. It in my mind was my fault because I didn't do my home work before I made an agreement and then when I went to handle my end I got the shock of my life. I am kinda limited in my means of shipping so that is why this came about. I have a car that I can barely put me in so carrying fenders to a Greyhound are kinda hard. But I try to make right by everyone I deal with. Thanks for the understanding everyone. Don I will have your money on the way to you tommorow morning.

Jason

Yep!! We have a fine crew here at FABO,
And I had no idea it cost that much for shipping a fender. :wack:

I am proud to be a member!!!

Yea....I just knew this was the place to be....GOOD JOB !!!!

Haven't been here long but long enough to know it has good members......... :thumbup:

Well that shipping deal sucks. I hate that oversized bologna. Drives me nuts and my wallet empty for IMO, not a good reason. Now if it was like a 150 lbs door wrapped up, I can understand. But fenders....come on, my 4 year old picked one up yesterday!

Well, I should also say it is good that these things are made public (Cost of shipping) and I also see a good slice of class from BJS in his post. It really stinks on both partys when something like this happens. No one ends up happy.

*From the been there done that camp.*

I should also add a sorry to 65s for the shipping insanity that has gone on for the torrsion bar crossmember that I have sent him. If you send something to Canada from the states make sure you send some form of an invoice with the package. And be nice about the price on the invoice because they have to pay duties and taxes on them. We are not all perfect and no one knows everything. It seems like when we go through a learning experience it costs someone money or time. I just hope that I am the one that pays for my mistakes or lack of knowledge and not someone else.

memike.1 said:
Yep!! We have a fine crew here at FABO,
And I had no idea it cost that much for shipping a fender. :wack:

I am proud to be a member!!!

I have bought and sold quite a few parts over the years and have found that the bigger or heavier a package is the more it will cost!
I used DHL the last few times i shipped always cheaper than UPS and FedEx ,and i never had any problems with damage or the package getting lost.

Dutys across to Canada are freakin weird and expensive. I mailed out a carb with Insurance on it and the duties were put upon it as the real worth of the carb. Whats that all about.

I say it's treating your fellow man like crap and shame on the Gov. of Canada for pulling stunts like that!

I know how you feel about shipping $$. I've been parting out a Ramcharger. Sold a guy an instrument cluster,a pair of horns,the engine harness and associated sending units for the gauges to a guy in WI for $35.The canadapost site gave a shipping quote of $16.After I had packaged everything and went to the PO to ship it,the shipping ended up being almost $30!!!Apparently my box was oversized!So I lost a few bucks over that. My point is,I'm not selling the parts to get rich;I just want them to go to people that need them.When I start shipping big awkward items,I would have to sell them for next to nothing,just to make it a worthwhile deal for the buyer.Example#2;ashtray assy for truck. Price:$5.Shipping:$10!!! Cripes!!!

jd340 said:
I know how you feel about shipping $$. I've been parting out a Ramcharger. Sold a guy an instrument cluster,a pair of horns,the engine harness and associated sending units for the gauges to a guy in WI for $35.The canadapost site gave a shipping quote of $16.After I had packaged everything and went to the PO to ship it,the shipping ended up being almost $30!!!Apparently my box was oversized!So I lost a few bucks over that. My point is,I'm not selling the parts to get rich;I just want them to go to people that need them.When I start shipping big awkward items,I would have to sell them for next to nothing,just to make it a worthwhile deal for the buyer.Example#2;ashtray assy for truck. Price:$5.Shipping:$10!!! Cripes!!!
I have encountered this many a time, on approx 50% of the time shipping kills the deal. Also your packages will be duty exempt if u say u are sending a gift to a reletive as on these great sites were are 1 big happy family....Kim...

""Sorry...no longer buy from US""

Well, I haven't gone that far yet, but, I NEVER use UPS or DHL or any "courier" company for that matter. I only use USPS/Canada Post as the duties are way less and I have never had a problem getting stuff.

-
Back