I was born too late..

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
to see this stuff live...just how cool is this anyway?....

BP_DickLandy2.jpg

Yep! too late. I was born in '83, so I didnt get to see any of it.

i know what you mean, i was born in 83, so i missed all the cool stuff. thats why im building my own. cheater slicks and all. all the old timers like my car and are suprised that a 25 year old built it.

I was born in 1947........graduated high school in 1965.

Live 45 miles south of Indy........can you say National Drags

Yes, I really miss those "Muscle Car" days!

In those days it was kinda like "run what you brung"

The times they are a changin'

I go to 2-3 nostalgia drag racing events a year and I will tell you... even for a 17 year old car kid... there is nothing better than that. Course now i have an obsession with nostalgia drag cars and every musclecar I build with reflect them but ya know :p

i was born in 91 as well!

i would have LOVED being alive in the muscle era. it was a whole different life. and i would have enjoyed being a gearhead back then. i'm 18 years old though, and i'm in the middle of building one engine, and putting together another car.

people my age are suprised that its even possible to take apart an entire engine and rebuild it.
its very possible and very enjoyable though.

OK, I was born in '45, grew up street racing from Whittier Blvd., to Downey to the Valley in So Cal. It was a time when a raised '55 chevy straight axle with mechanical injection was not even uncommon to see on the street. And on weekends we had at least four or five nearby drag strips to choose from.

Now for you poor youngsters, I will trade you some great memories for ten or fifteen of your years. Whose first?

OK, I was born in '45, grew up street racing from Whittier Blvd., to Downey to the Valley in So Cal. It was a time when a raised '55 chevy straight axle with mechanical injection was not even uncommon to see on the street. And on weekends we had at least four or five nearby drag strips to choose from.

Now for you poor youngsters, I will trade you some great memories for ten or fifteen of your years. Whose first?
as much as i'd enjoy it back then, i'm living in the age of technology. and together, the technology and all the old cars that have survived we can get them looking new again!!

and just pretend

and now that we're alive during this time, we get the luxery of having the internet!!! this forum didn't exist in the muscle era. and now we get to use this internet to talk to allll of these fellow mopar enthusiasts

yeah, but back then the way the got to communicate was cooler. they'd drive their cars around to talk to people.

yeah, the way i worded it, it sounded like that was the only way of communication... i'm guessing all who read it will know what i meant though.

agreed!

and i think since we WEREN't alive back then, we appreciate these amazing pieces of machinery even more!!

Yeah... talk to me about making memories in a couple years.... should be terrorizing my town in a dart by then.

Being born in 92... none of my friends get me at all. They look at my funny when I tell them I am going to build a dodge dart with no rear seat, no heater, no side view mirrors, no radio, small bucket seats, racing harnesses, and a roll bar.... oh and with my steelie and spokes wheel combo.

Haha but it will be cool rolling up in a car like that and having all the older guys looking around for the owner of the car and having some punk kid wave to them and say he owns it.

Yeah... talk to me about making memories in a couple years.... should be terrorizing my town in a dart by then.

Being born in 92... none of my friends get me at all. They look at my funny when I tell them I am going to build a dodge dart with no rear seat, no heater, no side view mirrors, no radio, small bucket seats, racing harnesses, and a roll bar.... oh and with my steelie and spokes wheel combo.

Haha but it will be cool rolling up in a car like that and having all the older guys looking around for the owner of the car and having some punk kid wave to them and say he owns it.
i hear you on that one. my friends just dont understand why i'd spend time n money building an old car. i don't understand why they wouldn't want to! but when me and my dart blow past their little japanese cars made of recycled aluminum, i gain that respect that's deserved!

Harrr....!!!

I was born in 1956..grew up street racing off Colima in Whittier, Belflower blvd, Del Amo and by the GM plant in South Gate..

This during the last great days of Street Racing, the Early to Mid 1970s...

Ya remember "Stick City" on Whittier Blvd..? 8)

i know what you mean, i was born in 83, so i missed all the cool stuff. thats why im building my own. cheater slicks and all. all the old timers like my car and are suprised that a 25 year old built it.

That's a great looking wagon, slantscamp!
I'm 47 and can't get enough of these cars, especially the sleepers.

-
Back