I was right about tinfoil helmets........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
They DO cause extra craziness, and they ARE a government conspiracy......

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

A quote from the webpage:

===============================================================

"
Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations. It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings."

==============================================================

Guess I gotta go with a football-shaped tinfoil helmet...

This is balderdash.
I'm not giving mine up for anything.
This is just a conspiracy to get us ''in the know'' people to stop wearing them.
Mine works perfectly.

Is one brand of foil better than another???:dontknow:

If you want to see the figurative equivalent of "tinfoil hats", just go to about any amateur radio "hamfest." Sometimes I'm embarrassed that I am part of that group.

(I will say I did mine the HARD way. Before Al Gore invented the internet. We had to send and receive code. You had to write it down with a pencil no longer than 1", you had to sharpen it yourself with your fingernails. You had to wade through 2 feet of snow, uphill BOTH WAYS to the FCC examination location, and you actually had to BUILD a working radio transmitter and receiver out of nothing more than some bits of wire and a razor blade.)

If you want to see the figurative equivalent of "tinfoil hats", just go to about any amateur radio "hamfest." Sometimes I'm embarrassed that I am part of that group.

(I will say I did mine the HARD way. Before Al Gore invented the internet. We had to send and receive code. You had to write it down with a pencil no longer than 1", you had to sharpen it yourself with your fingernails. You had to wade through 2 feet of snow, uphill BOTH WAYS to the FCC examination location, and you actually had to BUILD a working radio transmitter and receiver out of nothing more than some bits of wire and a razor blade.)

._. ._. I had to take mine naked in a a tub of ice so they knew I wasn't cheating! I will still wear my aluminum hat, screw them!

._. ._. I had to take mine naked in a a tub of ice so they knew I wasn't cheating! I will still wear my aluminum hat, screw them!

Now I know you're lyin'!!! That would be an electrical safety violation!!

-
Back