I wish i had the money for this.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck fzmax, I hope you get it! That build sheet is in there somewhere, I can feel it!

I had a 68 Barracuda 383 car. The numbers on the engine and trans were the partial Vin#

However the numbers on the radiator support and fender tag matched the shipping order on the broadcast sheet. IMO the broadcast sheet is so important to prove what the car is. Without it most people will think it is not a numbers matching car.

In your case I realize the engine is gone but some people may think that tampering with the vin. and fender tag has happened if you don't find the broadcast sheet. The broadcast sheet ties the body and fender tag to the vin.

It's a weird deal but thats how my 68 was.

Well I have my fingers crossed. I do realize it'll never be a show winner and it's possible I'll never know exactly how it came equipped, but I'll have fun trying to bring it back.

Talked to the man today and we've got a deal. He is going to get everything together and I'll have it sometime this weekend or early next week. This is too cool!

Talked to the man today and we've got a deal. He is going to get everything together and I'll have it sometime this weekend or early next week. This is too cool!

Very cool. Glad your getting it. Hope the deal goes smooth. Keep us posted with any new info & pics.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks. Feels like I made that post a month ago, I can't wait until it gets here. Over the next few months I'll be selling the non-stock parts to help fund the thing, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.

:notworth:"Only 553" 1968 Formula-S Fastback 383 4-speeds built. Some cool options to look for are fast ratio steering (was not recommended with 383 but was available), tinted windows, am/fm radio, rocker mouldings with gills, shoulder seat belts, rear window defogger... a/c and p/s not offered-no room!

Thanks. Feels like I made that post a month ago, I can't wait until it gets here. Over the next few months I'll be selling the non-stock parts to help fund the thing, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.

Even if you don't get much done - if it sits inside it's better than money in the bank.

Congrats to a nice find fzmax, and a nice gesture (even though you´ve already noticed the add) of varlo to pass this deal along.
Too bad Chrysler Historical Dep. doesn´t still got the IBM cards for the -68 cars.
And please post a lots of pics when you´ve got the car.

I have a 68 GTS 383 4 speed car but would rather have a 68 Barracuda 383 4 speed car.
Congrats cool find............

nice find , congrats , now i just wish i had a dollar for every pm your gonna get on that 6 pack setup & 340 :)

The six pack and 340 will probably be for sale in a few months. The heads are U-heads so they could be T/A heads, but I kind of doubt it. The motor was supposed to be hot, but sitting for 30 years isn't usually good for any hardware.

I've been fighting the urge to buy parts, but I've got to calm down and wait until it's actually here. This is going to be fun!

Nice find and its great that the car is getting saved. I can't imagine that it would've lasted that much longer sitting outside.

Any details on the 340? What is the date code? Vin #? Who knows. It might be the mate to someones car out there.

Great Score!!! Guess what boys? Here is a link to another Barracuda here in North Carolina with a BB and 4.56 gears. Check it out!!!!! Also looks like this is a fellow FABO members car. the video's posting is from averagerod!!!

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1879536346.html

If that car was closer I'd be trying to get it, even with the shoddy bodywork. Exactly the year and bodystyle I'm wanting, and with a BB already in it.

It's here! I was hoping to find a build sheet under the seat or on top of the glove box, but no such luck. The original big block mounts were in the trunk and it came with a Carter carb. If I'm lucky it will be the original carb from the 383.

I did find a time slip from Atco under the back seat. The 340 in it is supposed to be pretty hot, but I have no way to tell if that slip is from this car or maybe what the engine was in before. The primary pipes on the headers are pretty damn big. I guess I'll see once I get it running.

Over the next few days I'll get a website up, but I literally have hundreds of parts to go through.

SANY3868.JPG

SANY3871.JPG

SANY3877.JPG

SANY3900.JPG

SANY3903.JPG

SANY3905.JPG

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:I'm glad she's got a new home! Congrats man, I'll be watching your progress...GOOD Luck!! 1968 Carter AVS is #4426S.

Hemi box is 18 spline, other 4 speeds will be 23 spline. 18 spline found behind some big block and all hemi plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back