I wish this would have been a 2dr!

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Man I can't believe it. I bought a 1970 Dart parts car along with the Barracuda with the intention of selling parts to fund and reduce the cost of the project. Good idea, right? Well.....it is in phenomenal condition, excluding the exterior paint. The floor and trunk are nearly 100% rust free. Just some surface rust. The rear quarters could be patched, trunk extensions thrown in and this car would be a great 4dr project for someone. Even the seats are OK. The tail lights and grill are good. It is a 318 car with the trailer package I'm told. It has a front sway bar and 6 leaves in the rear which used to house an 8 3/4. And you have to remember this is in Alberta where cars just hear about moisture and start to rust! Now I'm not sure whether I will part it out or just clean it up and see if someone wants to buy it to build. It just seems it would be a shame to cut it up as some people do want to build these. :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1043.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 359
You just dont find them in that good shape up here. Im sure there is somebody that would want to restore it.

I say don't part it. That's a slick package there, nice colors too. If you weren't a million miles away and I needed a project, I'd buy it off you.

You just dont find them in that good shape up here. Im sure there is somebody that would want to restore it.

Yes they are rare in this kind of shape around here. I think I will see if there is any interest before I decide to part it out.

I say don't part it. That's a slick package there, nice colors too. If you weren't a million miles away and I needed a project, I'd buy it off you.

Yes I agree, it would have been a good car when ordered. I wish you weren't a million miles away. I'd be quite happy if somebody said they wanted to rebuild it.

That looks solid must have some super window and wiper pivot seals/gaskets looks like a drop of water never got in. The dash looks like it just needs to be cleaned up that wood grain on it in the pics looks like new.

If it's so awesome, why isn't that person you? Don't be scared of more doors.

If it's so awesome, why isn't that person you? Don't be scared of more doors.

I don't mind 4drs, they are nice sleepers. But.........
On the go already............
1966 Coronet / my project
1968 Barracuda / son's new project
After 66 - 62 Savoy
And more sitting around waiting. It may just get stuck in corner and saved for later.

That even has what looks like a factory AM/FM/8-track.

Question: with that & the vinyl top, is it a Brougham?

I don't mind 4drs, they are nice sleepers. But.........
On the go already............
1966 Coronet / my project
1968 Barracuda / son's new project
After 66 - 62 Savoy
And more sitting around waiting. It may just get stuck in corner and saved for later.

Maybe we can work something out, George.
I'll come over and look at it.....

That even has what looks like a factory AM/FM/8-track.

Question: with that & the vinyl top, is it a Brougham?

I'm not sure if the 8 track is factory, but I don't think it is, cool though! As for the vinyl top, it is a Dart Custom according to all the badging.

Maybe we can work something out, George.
I'll come over and look at it.....

Oh I knew you would be wanting to see it. You will be impressed as am I. See you later today!

-
Back