I Won't Be Going Back to Factory Original Tires Any Time Soon

-

dibbons

Reaction score
As far as I know, the 1965 Formula S Barracuda was factory equipped with Goodyear 6.95 X 14 tires.

blue streak tire in trunk.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 4.14.02 PM.png

figure with tax etc 1000.00 and they will last 10 years that's only 100.00 per year! But I get your point!

Coker wants the same for red line firestone, what all the sales media shows. My bill of sale says white walls, not sure what was on it from factory.

My 440-6 4 speed RR came with Polyglas F-70-14. As I recall the original owner claimed he ordered it with 15's, but the wheels did match the car, limelight. I could never get the things to hook at all when I drove it. At that time I bought it had alloy wheels and G60x15's on the rear.

Anyhow, at some point "I was broke" and had some problem with one rear tire. A then friend loaned me some mounted up F70x14 Polyglas which I used for about 2 weeks.

One afternoon, leaving "the back gate" (west) of NAS Miramar, a short Marine who I'd met at the auto hobby shop made some remark "I bet............" And I "moved" the RPM up to about 1500, dumped the clutch and got into it. Next day after the smoke cleared, there were the longest, blackest stripes through that gate I ever saw. They were there a LONG time. I saw the Marine later on, he said, "there was some brass behind you in the smoke. They demanded to know who that was and I said "never seen him before. DAMN!!! I didn't know you were gonna do THAT!!"

Well neither did I!!

That’s an old original in the pic, the new ones are correct but really look much better

I bought a set. Don't care if they ever hook up. They look so sweet.

20200727_160715.jpg

20200727_160802.jpg

20201008_171930.jpg

My 71 GSS Demon was ordered with E70-14 "Raised White Letter"

upload_2020-11-9_6-9-6.png

my avitar is an original spare that was never used, I have finnally aquired (5) more 5.5 x 14 rims and a NICE set of "plymouth division" poverty caps//when the car gets painted the firestone red stipes are going on......I wish I had the funds for the RED wheel well liners !!

-
Back