I would like to sell my intake but it's painted orange!

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Whoever had this engine before me painted the 360 orange, and they decided to take the intake with it. Now I would like to sell it (the intake that is).
Should I try to take off the paint before I sell it, or just hope someone is looking for a orange aluminum intake?? It's a Torker if anyone is interested! :)

Thanks!

Do you think your time to strip the paint is worth the return (for a Torker)? I would think not. Although, if you had access to a good blasting cabinet, it shouldn't take that long at all.

go to an autoparts store, and get airplane stripper, brush it on the intake heavily and let it sit for a while, then brush it again and all the paint will come right off, if you wanna strip it...

go to an autoparts store, and get airplane stripper, brush it on the intake heavily and let it sit for a while, then brush it again and all the paint will come right off, if you wanna strip it...

they sell it in spray cans too, the spray cans work 5 times faster!

Use plenty of water when your done to neutralize the stripper, also if you use stripper make sure it says ok for aluminum.

I didn't think that there was a demand for a torker intake. I dont know, I'd just sell it the way it is and let someone else deal with it.

Just My opinion but why spend money when your trying to sell it?
There's been a torker manifold on the local C.L. here for months .
If you have access to a blast cabinet and can strip it for no money.Then it might make the manifold more appealing to someone .But I wouldn't shell out the $'s when there's not a lot of demand for it in the first place . Not trying to be negative but just go to any swap meet you'll see tons of used intakes that people seem to cart from one show to the next. Old designs just don't hold any value . If it were an rpm or air gap then def take the time to clean it up . Just My 2c Good Luck.

I painted my alum intake on my 74 Roadrunner had people thinking it was all stock they new better when I smoke them.

Mopar intakes look better painted. That natural look is a chevy thing. Sell it and let whoever buys it decide if they want it painted or not

The TorkerII is a good intake for exactly what it's writin up as by Edelbrock.
(low Hood clearnace intake for it's RPM band.)
Since the RPM came out, it's just about useless since the RPM covers all the bases the TorkerII did and more as well as better.

If a TorkerII is going to be used, it should be used from 4,000 and up RPM since the RPM is better in torque production than the TorkerII.
HP wise, it's a step behind so to speak. I have seen a couple of test done and it's the slightest of edges in favor of the RPM. But it's still the RPM as the winner.

A good intake for a "on the cheap hot street build."

I Paint All My Intakes, Aluminum Never Stays Nice Very Long...painted My 440 Torque-n-teal Even The New Water-pump And Housing[alum].........lot Easier To Keep Clean...........

-
Back