I wouldn't get caught driving this

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
If I had no legs and was freezing to death in the dark..........LOL

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4158110383.html

2000 Electric Car Gem made by Chrysler 3500 Miles! - $3500 (northside)

2000 Electric car Gem Made by Chrysler 3500 Miles, New battery's that cost $1000, New brakes, New CV joints. No disappointments with this auto well cared for always stored in heated garage and only driven in nice weather. $3500 obo 509 218 xx 89

Attachments

• ChryslerGem.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 368
Heck yeah... I would drive it. Orange and black is the Oklahoma State University colors so it would certainly attract all the cute college women here.

Cheap compared to what others are sold for. Yes basically a golf car. tmm

I don't know what's worse. The fact that Chrysler made it, or that someone actually drove 3500 miles in it!

Fiat's gonna resume production of them and call them Superbirds. LOL (if you didn't already have high blood pressure)

well cared for always stored in heated garage and only driven in nice weather.

Has ANYONE ever driven one in bad weather?!?

Fiat's gonna resume production of them and call them Superbirds. LOL (if you didn't already have high blood pressure)

Has ANYONE ever driven one in bad weather?!?

OH!! LMAO Thought it was the "new" General Lee!!!

General-Lee-Electric.jpg

General-Lee-Lawn-Mower.jpg

General-Lee-3-Wheeler.jpg

Chrysler bought GEM around 1999, at the time California was pushing legislation requiring a certain percentage of production to be electric cars. Buying GEM fufilled Chrysler's (& Mercedes) obligations. Chrysler even dropped their electric minivan program. Yes it's a silly car but in a retirement type community these are great.

Hey guys, are you trying to keep my blood pressure high? :wack:

There is no way that thing is safe to drive on a highway - even on some roads around here where the speed limit is 35. You would be asking for trouble. Or a death wish.

The top speed on those GEM's is 25 mph, they are designed to be street legal on roads where the speed limit is 35 mph or less, kinda like a moped except it's harder for faster traffic to pass you in a gem.

It's just a glorified golf cart.

-
Back