Ice fishing anyone?

-
If the weather keeps up like (23*) this I will be out at Metro Beach in the back basin on Christmas eve. Early ice jumbo perch yum!

If the weather keeps up like (23*) this I will be out at Metro Beach in the back basin on Christmas eve. Early ice jumbo perch yum!

You have ice starting to build up enough, you figure you'll be good to fish on in two weeks?

Not a change of that here yet, unless we start hitting deep freeze, today is our coldest day so far at 17*F. It's been around the freezing mark, but nothing more then water holes are frozen, and they are not soild.

I'll have to venture a couple hours north in a couple weeks, hopefully it'll be frozen.

been ice fishing twice. first time i was nominated to do all the hole cutting with a manual auger, second time i borrowed a chainsaw from a tree trimming buddy....

You have ice starting to build up enough, you figure you'll be good to fish on in two weeks?

Not a change of that here yet, unless we start hitting deep freeze, today is our coldest day so far at 17*F. It's been around the freezing mark, but nothing more then water holes are frozen, and they are not soild.

I'll have to venture a couple hours north in a couple weeks, hopefully it'll be frozen.

I don't know if it will happen this year, but I have been ice fishing a number of times in that basin in late December. It is a well protected, small harbor at the end of a short river leading from Lake St. Clair. Depending on where you are in Ontario I may be further north than you. I gotta drive south to get to Windsor Ontario.

So someone goes ice fishing, and catches some ice, how do you clean it, are there any limits to size and how much? how do you cook it? recipes???O:)

FF

-
Back