Ice storm pic's

-

66 Dartman

Reaction score
Man it was a bad one we were without hydro for 21/2 days,Thank god for the wood stoves both house and shop were warm.Made for some cool pic's though.

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 053.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 057.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 245
  • 062.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 060.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 224
I was lucky to only be without power for about an hour. It does make for some beautiful pictures, I must agree. I live in an old neighbourhood, with plenty of mature trees. Listening to them crackle in the breeze was pretty spooky.

Hopefully the winds dont get to strong.........All the weight of ice will sure break some limbs. I have power but not sure how long. Wind is startin to pick up. Stay warm....

Glad to hear everything is back to normal for you Ed!
We were without hydro for only about an hour. I snapped
a couple pics of the ice on my trees too. It sure was pretty!

Attachments

• DSCF1767 (Copy).JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF1769 (Copy).JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 169
We got hit by the ice storm as well. Lost power at 7:00 AM Sun. morning and got it back Mon. aft. at 5:00. We're lucky, some people around here won't get it back until Sat. When you have your own well, no power = no water. We have a generator, ran it 35 hrs. straight, so we had light, heat and water. Temps at night down to single digits, it's only 15 deg. F. right now this aft.

Coolest picture is the one in your sig, Dartman. Now...where can we get a bigger one? lol

...not to be rude or rub it in, but it's 72 degrees here. I cant remember a xmas that was cold or even raining. California is so boring!

...:glasses7:

Been crappy here on the east coast as well. A lot of power outages, but we have been lucky so far. Not a lot of fun out driving a truck in this weather!

just think we have a ice storm we manage and take great pic's and cope I was in fort waynne one time for a sport's man's show 1/2" snow
they shut the city down we had a dog team out in the snow playing around
HEAD LINE 11 O'CLOCK NEW'S THE CANADIAN'S HAVE ARRIVED
as a Canadian I could not miss our four season's MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

"without hydro?" You didn't have water?
Hydro refers to Hydro electric power , our electric company's are referred to as Hydro companies ie Ontario Hydro or BC Hydro , took me a while to get used to hearing it again after I moved back home from the US lol.

Wasn't as bad on this side of lake Ontario, my power was only out for about 5 hours, cable was down all day. The ice did take out a lot of tree limbs around town though.

Wasn't too bad here but I sold the 57 Chev and new owner insisted on getting it that day. Was interesting getting it loaded.

Attachments

• Chev.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Chev 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 106
-
Back