ICON 9976 with Magnum Heads?

-
I would not go with the 262 Voodoo. Not only will the DCR go up due to 14 degrees shorter advertised, the improved cylinder filling once getting up on the mid range torque curve will make tuning even more touchy. There are a couple of guys here who can and have tuned for that, but it is going to get real touchy. (I am kinda lazy on that part LOL; pus it, but not too close to the edge.)

The whole discussion on the gasket thickness is for quench/squish, OP, and it detonation fighting advantages. I'd personally do that but not get carried away. The Felpro 1008 is the next step down in thickness at .039". The static and dynamic CR numbers will jump up about 0.15-0.2 points, and that leaves the DCR still OK in my book at just under 8.0.

IDK on the small shot of nitrous... new territory for me and the SCR/DCR are being optimized for no shot here. The CR numbers are way too high for turbo/super-charging, which I have some good experience with in racing.

How much horsepower do you guys think I’m leaving on the table with the cam that I have? If it’s a considerable amount then I’m open to changing if it’s 20hp and my driveability will suffer then I’m gonna keep it.

As mentioned before, with a re-stalled converter combined with 4.30:1 gears, —-
Voodoo Hydraulic Flat Tappet Cam & Lifter Kit - Chrysler 273-360 268/276
A cam @ [email protected] in his combo will not require additional stall. Been there done that more than once.
The #2 cam you list would be helped a bit by extra stall. I have the Comp version in a Hyd. roller.
How much horsepower do you guys think I’m leaving on the table with the cam that I have? If it’s a considerable amount then I’m open to changing if it’s 20hp and my driveability will suffer then I’m gonna keep it.
You can grab 20 hp without any drivability issues and still have that same duration @.050 number. I’d use the Lunati cam of similar specs.

I may be opening a can of worms here, but I imagine with 4.30:1 gears and 10.6:1, drivability wouldn’t suffer too much with anything smaller than a comp XE274.

I'm running magnum heads on ~10.8-11:1 360, cam specs @0.50 are 224/230. Definitely have to pay attention to the tune, but timing cranked down to 30* total it runs great on 93. Kicks the tires loose on demand, 11/12 mpg on the highway, throw in higher octane and crank the timing back up at the track. 904, stock stall, 3.55s

Sounds like my wife’s car with Edelbrock heads. Runs nice on 93.
I'm running magnum heads on ~10.8-11:1 360, cam specs @0.50 are 224/230. Definitely have to pay attention to the tune, but timing cranked down to 30* total it runs great on 93. Kicks the tires loose on demand, 11/12 mpg on the highway, throw in higher octane and crank the timing back up at the track. 904, stock stall, 3.55s

Whose cam grind is that and do you have an e.t. with that?
Custom ground roller cam from Comp.

The fastest was 13.0 in the quarter, on 93, but blew a ringland the next pass. The KB107's I have are notorious for that and I definitely didn't have them gapped to the proper spec. Rebuilt over the winter and hope to run again soon. Open diff, 255 street tires. With a locker and traction with higher octane easily a mid 12 car. Full weight 1980 Volare sedan.
IMG_20191104_135502 (1).jpg

Here's a video of the car running back in February

-
Back