Icon shelf pistons - can you request changes ?

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can request changes on icon pistons ???
The piston is ic896, it’s for a 4.25 bore hemi with 4.15 crank. Compression height is 1.76 with 1.03 pin. I’m need same piston with 1.65 C.H. and .990 pin. Possible ???
Was hoping not to spend $11-12-1300+ for a custom piston.

Last edited:
Quick response, but NFG,
no custom pistons.
Oh well, it’s only money

Call Ross and see what they say.

Curious about Ross, I can’t find any shelf Gen 2 hemi pistons listed anywhere, I know they used to, right ???

Yeah they make um. Ross is generally more open to making individual changes like that. I am surprised United Engine would not do that.

OOOOOOO that's puuuuuuurrrrrdy.

Are you running a tulip valve or a nail head? look like them piston want a tulip........

Are you running a tulip valve or a nail head? look like them piston want a tulip........

That’s not the actual piston.
Will look more like this

C590F282-EE7C-4B00-ADBC-94062D5E8F80.png

That’s not the actual piston.
Will look more like this

View attachment 1715329192

You are showing a street hemi type piston to a race hemi type piston , "at least" 2 c.r. points difference-----
I took a set of new race hemi 12.5 to one (trw) pistons and cut them down in a laythe to come up with a legal set of s/s pistons , back when they had to have the stock 10.5 c.r.
If they barely kiss the heads at 7000 rpm with steel rods , "Tom Hoover said they were just right !!" > hemi quench ! LOL

You are showing a street hemi type piston to a race hemi type piston , "at least" 2 c.r. points difference-----
I took a set of new race hemi 12.5 to one (trw) pistons and cut them down in a laythe to come up with a legal set of s/s pistons , back when they had to have the stock 10.5 c.r.
If they barely kiss the heads at 7000 rpm with steel rods , "Tom Hoover said they were just right !!" > hemi quench ! LOL

That is a link to the piston, the picture is wrong, the info below it is correct.

BF8B2A2F-AF7A-4979-8035-8237B4E21049.png

0D3C2B6F-390B-4EF3-860F-2F734DF2260D.png

Good luck getting info from Ross....or I'm on their **** list for the last 10 years.

I wanted their stuff on my blown Hemi build... nothing.

Now I would like to buy four pistons to replace the ones I have now that are damaged. They tell me all their pistons have a laser etched number on mine. Mine don't as they are from the 90's.

Crickets.

World's worst customer service.

When I was running my 351-C's I had Arias build my pistons. We broke a valve one Saturday night... called Arais Monday AM and I had a replacement in my hands on Thursday... plus another that Nick Arias sent along with a note "here's a spare.. you might neeed it!".

-
Back