Id like to see how you mounted your monster tach in your 70-up a-body

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
Like the title says I'd like to see some pics of how some abody owners mounted their monster tachs in their cars. We have one but theres no dash pad in it so mounting it was easy, but my 74 duster is getting a dash pad after I paint the dash black and while I'm reinstalling the all the gauges stereo etc I'd like to mount the monster tach so I can get the whole dash done and wired in a day then I can move on to the rest of the interior.
Thanks alot,
Jr.

In my 73 dart sport I have all of the after market guages mounted just below the dash in a custom enclosure . as you can see in the picture the tach is mounted just to the right of it . The shift light is mounted on the steering column .

yellow int dash.jpg

well i don't have a pic but you know those things that hold the seatbelt shoulder harness that are screwed into place under the mount for the sunvisers?I modifyed one of those to mount my monster tach to.the tach is right there to bee seen while driving and the visor still folds down,the wireing for it tucks under the windshield gasket out of site...I'll try to get pic's tomorrow.

In my 73 Dart Sport I have a Sunpro Supertach/Shift light mounted to the column, just to the left of the speedo.

interior2.JPG

well i don't have a pic but you know those things that hold the seatbelt shoulder harness that are screwed into place under the mount for the sunvisers?I modifyed one of those to mount my monster tach to.the tach is right there to bee seen while driving and the visor still folds down,the wireing for it tucks under the windshield gasket out of site...I'll try to get pic's tomorrow.

Hey waggin -
That's exactly how I mounted my tach in my original '69 Dart waaaay back then. Unfortunately the local police felt it 'impaired my vision' and gave me a "fix-it" ticket.
I spliced in a connector to the wiring, put the tach in the glove box, got the "fix-it" ticket signed off, drove out of the police dept. parking lot, plugged the tach back in and put it back up on the mount.
Never got bothered about it again and never saw another mounted like that until the tuner-boys started having to show off all of their look-at-me stuff in the past couple of years.
Gotta agree, it was extremely easy to see there.

LoL I'm Too short for it to impair my vision,last ticket I got was for not having both paw's on the wheel..:grommit:If i sit on a phone book or two it's in my face!!!
Hey waggin -
That's exactly how I mounted my tach in my original '69 Dart waaaay back then. Unfortunately the local police felt it 'impaired my vision' and gave me a "fix-it" ticket.
I spliced in a connector to the wiring, put the tach in the glove box, got the "fix-it" ticket signed off, drove out of the police dept. parking lot, plugged the tach back in and put it back up on the mount.
Never got bothered about it again and never saw another mounted like that until the tuner-boys started having to show off all of their look-at-me stuff in the past couple of years.
Gotta agree, it was extremely easy to see there.

Thanks for all the replies, all really nice cars. Gave me alot of options and more ideas lol. i dont know which way I'm gonna go with but I'll post some pics of it when Im done. Thanks for the help
Jr.

what ever you do. DO NOT buy this piece of junk. damn tach bounces all over the place and knocks on the windshield. i hate the thing.

tach1.jpg

-
Back