Idea I'd like people to vote on

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
My dart swinger is getting painted vitamin C orange and I will be putting the swinger stripe around the back of it. I was planning on making it a black stripe but thought of doing it in white pearl to make it a ghost stripe to be a bit different. Thought I'd see what any of your thoughts were on this.

I like the pearl idea myself.
My Dart is going to be black with Aqua stripe over the back to match the interior.

I like the idea of being more subtle and getting folks to do a double take.

I'm a loooooooooong way from paint, but I've been thinking about a dark metallic silver for the main color and the stripes in a lighter silver.

Jay

It is your car so make it the way you want it. It should not matter to you what other people think. But since you asked I would use black or plain white, only because I do not like pearl white. To me it does not fit the era of the car. It's like painting an early to mid 60's Mopar a 70's color like sub lime or plum crazy it just does not work for me. I'm sure it works for other people and thats fine because it is their car and it is what they like. I like white cars it looks clean to me but to some people it is boring, oh well.

I'd say go with the pearls- I myself am doing my swinger original B5 blue, but with a pearl white top instead of vinyl and the bumble bee stripe will match the top!

I was gonna do my own "take" on the Vitamin C orange and use a gold metallic base coat with a Tangerine Kandy over that. Then some sort of smokey silver for the accent color. I'll let ya know if that happens when I go to check out the price of paint ! (Kandys are expensive)

Well thanks for all the input. I think I'm gonna to stay with the black stripe after all. It will break up the orange and be more noticeable.

-
Back