Ideas for indoor carshow display

-

orangetwist

Reaction score
Need some pics or ideas for indoor show displays. I know sign board and stantions. Im talking about little things go make one go one up from just a "good looking display". Or would you rather just see a car on some clean carpet, some mirrors, and a display board?

I know I've seen things sitting out with a car and it looked good, gas, water, oil cans etc...Im just trying to get some thoughts and ideas in case I do one.

Ok......This is just my opinion, so don't take this personal. But I can't stand show car "displays". when I see a car at a show with stuffed animals,crybabies,trophies,angel hair,gas cans,etc,etc,etc....... I walk right past. I would rather look at someones daily beater 74 Dart, than a 100 point show only car covered with stuffed animals. The car should be able to stand on it's own merit, no matter what shape it's in, without a bunch of tacky decorations. I would limit it to a med sized placard with PERTINANT information, and maybe a photo album with some shots of the restoration in process.

A big screen tv like 60" or bigger with chop cut rebuild on or bring a ps3 or Xbox and modern warfare 3. You'll be the biggest hit at the show!

Yeah that's what ya call boootty.
drool5.gif
drool5.gif

As the old saying goes, "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID". Just kidding, the less busy the display is, the more the car stands out. JMO

Bill S.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Display board, carpet, and stantions. Nice, simple, and clean. I did have one other thought that im not doing just thought it was a good idea. Get a good sized digital picture frameand build a stand for it and have a sideshow of your build playing.

A big screen tv like 60" or bigger with chop cut rebuild on or bring a ps3 or Xbox and modern warfare 3. You'll be the biggest hit at the show!

How about a projector shooting on a screen in front pf the car, then let people sit inside the car to play various racing games? :D

Just remeber, the more stuff in the display to keep people there will limit the number of people who want to get a close look at your car.

Bill S.

How about a projector shooting on a screen in front pf the car, then let people sit inside the car to play various racing games? :D

That would rock!! Think of the car chase scene of Bullitt :twisted:

Maybe if you want something simple. An old poster. Like these two.
I have the second one that I put up at some shows.

Attachments

• rts.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,707
  • rts2.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 1,694
Digital picture frame is good idea!! Putting a photo album under the hood just give people the right to put their greasy dick beaters all over your car. my opinion

Need some pics or ideas for indoor show displays. I know sign board and stantions. Im talking about little things go make one go one up from just a "good looking display". Or would you rather just see a car on some clean carpet, some mirrors, and a display board?

I know I've seen things sitting out with a car and it looked good, gas, water, oil cans etc...Im just trying to get some thoughts and ideas in case I do one.

What ever you do, keep it simple and tasteful. It the car you're trying to highlight.

IMO, as a spectator and not someone who has ever had a car in a show:

Sometimes simple is better. I do not like a lot of clutter around a car. Some people put photo albums up of the resto and I think it's overkill. I'm seeing the car in person, so I don't want to look at photo's. I'm not a big fan of the car's trophy collection either. Again, I go to look at the car and do not really care what previous shows it has won. If you wish to show a before and after shot in a single display frame, I'm OK with that, I just don't need a chronicle of the resto.

Carpet and mirrors are not essential, but good accessories when displaying your car. It's OK to show off the detail in hard-to-see places that was taken great lengths to restore.

Just my two cents.

I always like seeing a few before/after shots of the car's transformation. A simple photo album, or tasteful poster on an easle with some clear pictures to give folks an appreciation of the work that went into a project.

Pat

I have some blown up adds like the above that give info on the vehicle. That helps with the Daytona, I am amazed how many people don't know anything about wing cars.

Hot chicks standing or sitting in the car is the best why to go! The only way to beat that is by either giving out money/car or the hot chicks be naked. :twisted:

My sugestion take car,info board,yourself- place in show-good luck. We have no indoor shows in this area that i'm aware of and i don't have anything worthy of entering but less is more in my opinion as said before let the car speak for itself and have fun in the process it ain't about trophys.

Oh im not aiming for trophies. Doubt i would win anything anyways. Just trying to come up with a nice looking set up.

think I just figured out whos car this is

Did Tony Paint it? seen it at the shop when he was painting the hood, looked great

ask your dad's buddy, Tim, about display for set up help, his always looks nice

note, the gas, oil can, tools and stuff add to points at some shows, one reason you see them

I have used plastic gutters for edging before, had some gray outdoor carpet. Not doing Indy show this year but will be doing Louisville, have some different ideas for this year.

ISCA likes for the cars to have carpet or something under them. it makes for a better display. You can rent carpet to go under the car, but almost as expensive to buy your own as to rent

slide show is a good display item, had a portable DVD player in trunk of my car one year and it was a big hit, plan on using it again this year

Just remember the more crap you take the more you have to tear down

Check out the Indy Mopar club at indymoparclub.com they might be doing a display again this year

Yep that'd be who I am. I might be borrowing a few things from Tim, haven't got to talk to him yet. I didn't think I was going to make it in time so I didn't have anything planned out. And now im running low on time.

One other question...what do you guys with gas caps on a body panel do about taping them? Never had one that was exposed so it never mattered. It would suck to see a xlcar with a big piece of tape on the side. Maybe tape it under the cap so the tape is concave into the filler neck but the cap can still go on?

Use a 10 inch roller and lay down a couple black marks behind your car and sprinkle a little ground rubber at the start like you did a burnout into your spot.

-
Back