Identify this intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywhere from 74 on up. If that's a crack, it's a doorstop.

The date code looks to be around 78. Near as I can make it out. Probably a 360. Those manifolds did quite well when compared do aftermarket performance manifolds. Better than some, worse than others but good manifolds nonetheless. As for the crack??? It's probably fine if it even is a crack. I can't see how it's possible to even crack a manifold like that. Fifty bucks is good, fair in the ballpark. I've sold them for less.

yup, looks like a Thermoquad intake for a smallblock. I think I have one like it painted orange. Anyway, if it is a crack, I wouldn't bother with it, if it is cracked someone musta beat it with a sledge. To be sure you have to reference the casting # Might be an optical illusion . e-mail the guy and ask em if its a crack.

it has the later style thermo stat housing, 1980+ ? , intake will fit any 1968-1992 340-360. looks like a bad crack, tell the seller to sand / clean that area out and take another pic

The " crack" on the carb face? Don't look cracked to me.
Ctrl+ the picture to blow it up, take another look.

you'd have to pay me to take it and ship it for free for me , it someone wants one of these iron intakes , i'll sell you one for twenty bucks and you pay for the shipping as well .

This is an 80's plus intake. MoPar's small block intake is about the best factory intake ever made, period, but it is a factory cast iron (AKA heavy as heck)
It is a very capable intake. You would have no problems making 400+ HP with it.
These are excellent intakes to use. What makes them so good to use?
Cheap! Costing hundreds less than new intakes.
They make power. Edelbrock Performer? LMAO!
They will out last your grand kids, grand kids.

Draw backs?

Heavy heavy heavy, but there are worse things you could do. The weight savings is a minimal issue.
Ugly! The nasty toothless crack hoe looks better after a base ball bat beating after a 10 day crack party binge and sex party with goats.
You'll never hear the end of it. "You should have gotten an aluminum intake."

Doing things on the cheap?
Get it.
Remember F.A.S.T. Guys run really well with these and TQ's to the tune of 11's. But that's a boat load of money and a spot where other intakes make a lot more power. But then again, that old ugly *** iron can and does run 11's.

I have used them in "Stealth" builds. Dead reliable, surprises a lot of people, works great with the TQ carb. A very good carb for a OE unit itself. Spend less up top and then spend on ported heads/exhaust and a nice cam. You'll run very well.

I don't see a crack. If we are talking about the carb mounting surface, that doesn't look like a crack. Needs a good cleaning, though.

This is an 80's plus intake. MoPar's small block intake is about the best factory intake ever made, period, but it is a factory cast iron (AKA heavy as heck)
It is a very capable intake. You would have no problems making 400+ HP with it.
These are excellent intakes to use. What makes them so good to use?
Cheap! Costing hundreds less than new intakes.
They make power. Edelbrock Performer? LMAO!
They will out last your grand kids, grand kids.

Draw backs?

Heavy heavy heavy, but there are worse things you could do. The weight savings is a minimal issue.
Ugly! The nasty toothless crack hoe looks better after a base ball bat beating after a 10 day crack party binge and sex party with goats.
You'll never hear the end of it. "You should have gotten an aluminum intake."

Doing things on the cheap?
Get it.
Remember F.A.S.T. Guys run really well with these and TQ's to the tune of 11's. But that's a boat load of money and a spot where other intakes make a lot more power. But then again, that old ugly *** iron can and does run 11's.

I have used them in "Stealth" builds. Dead reliable, surprises a lot of people, works great with the TQ carb. A very good carb for a OE unit itself. Spend less up top and then spend on ported heads/exhaust and a nice cam. You'll run very well.

Hi Rob

what is the part number for this manifold?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back