Identify What This Came Out Of

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this came out of? It's advertised as having Mopar shift levers.
Hurst 1.jpg
Hurst 2.jpg
Hurst 3.jpg
Hurst 4.jpg

I just looked at a '64 Barracuda a couple weeks ago for sale that had a similar shifter, so was wondering if early A's came with them stock or optioned.

Stick looks like the one in my car, but with the adjustable stop bolts, it's not oem

Thread size and tpi on handle might help with id. Not 100% sure but I think there were mopars with the comp plus?? I had one but not sure if it was factory.

The handle looks like A-Body for bucket seats, non-consol. Someone could have possibly merged a Comp Plus body with the stock stick holder.

Wasn't there a Direct Connection Hurst shifter?

Ma Mopar used a Hurst shifter but I don't think it was the "Competition Plus" with adjustable stops.

Looks like the one I had in my 70 Duster back in '74. Factory 340 3 speed changed to a 4 speed, aftermarket Hurst Competition Plus.

I think the ad is wrong! 1964 and 1965 A-bodies with 4-speed transmission did not use a slip in shifter. Factory 4-speed cars has a chromed Hurst shifter bolted to the shifting mecanism with two black phophated bolts with 9/16" head. In 1963 there wasn't a 4-speed tranny for A-body cars.

So seems rough agreement is that it's a combination of parts, stock and aftermarket? I was thinking about getting it for possible future project. But wanted to make sure I could use it in an A body.

The last Hurst shifter I had in a parts car I bought, I was able to ID it by the numbers stamped where each shifter rod goes. FWIW it came in a 73 charger, ended up being a shifter for a 66-67 GTO.

Last edited:
83F0D5ED-A954-4EC7-BA2E-A329988CE4B3.jpeg
Same shifter that came with my car 67 notch. Only thing is the trans and motor werent OG. The motor, a 74 318, has what I believe to be an OD 833 attached. I was unable to ID the trans from #’s

That's the same shifter handle that was in my '68 FB S Barracuda. Mine didn't have the shifter stops, either.

-
Back