Ididit A Body Columns

-

Bigreno

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in an Ididt column for their A body, I have a little updated information. I contacted Ididit yesterday and Derek Auten confirmed that they do have an A body column in R&D and best estimate is it should be available in 5-6 months. I was thinking about going with the universal column but with a retro fit in the works, I may just have to wait.

I live a mile down the street from Ididit, really cool place

I don't understand their hesitation / delay. I bought one from them quite a while ago. It WAS semi custom, but they certainly have the dimensions and locations points now. I got the collapse feature and tilt too...

If anyone is interested in an Ididt column for their A body, I have a little updated information. I contacted Ididit yesterday and Derek Auten confirmed that they do have an A body column in R&D and best estimate is it should be available in 5-6 months. I was thinking about going with the universal column but with a retro fit in the works, I may just have to wait.

You'll be waiting a longtime , Iditit told the same thing a year ago.

Don't count on it, Iditit told me the same thing a year ago. I'm on the floor so an universal worked just fine for me.

retroron - How difficult was the fabrication to mount the universal? I'm floor mount as well and if it's not too involved, I may just go that route.

Cuda Srt8 - How did you go about getting the semi custom column and what was "semi" about it? What sort of modification did you have to do to fit it?

After the issues with the flaming river design I would spend the money again to know it will work like it's supposed to.

The fabrication was easy. I cut the mounting strap off of the stock column, located the column where I wanted it using the stock dash mounting location, and welded the stock bracket to the new column. I'm installing a Gen 3 6.4 so I had to move my fire wall back 3 inches. That made it easy since the dash mount located the position for the firewall feed through.

I used a steel column since I'm going to paint it.

Apparently it is still not available. Just spoke with Derek. Looks like a B-body column is what is closest to an A-body....

They made me an A body column years ago already. At first the column and tech data I submitted was supposed to be for them to use for production purposes. They built me one and I never heard from them again. I doubt they are interested in really doing it, otherwise it would have been done years ago.

They made me an A body column years ago already. At first the column and tech data I submitted was supposed to be for them to use for production purposes. They built me one and I never heard from them again. I doubt they are interested in really doing it, otherwise it would have been done years ago.
That's kinda what I am thinking. I mentioned the few guys here that had one...he just blew it off...

-
Back