Idler arm hits on header

-
well you could just ding it in like mine=headmans

Or fix/adjust the angle of the idler arm to match the pitman angle [by slotting the holes and welding heavy washers snugged to able adjustment ] to correct bump steer, then ding the header accordingly after that.

Just figured while your there.

Are you saying to slot the holes on the K-member where the idler mounts in it, then weld in washers?

I started with Hooker comp series on my 67 Dart 340. I had the problem of hitting on the coupler on the steering on driver side and the idler arm on the passenger. I ended up grinding on the center link & idler arm to get me more clearance and dimpling on both sides. They still were very close and still rubbed sometimes.

On plug wires I used adjustable boot ends to start. Once I burned thru the #5 I bought the protector sleeves for 5&7 and still not happy. So I bought 90 deg. set and used #5 & #7 with 90 deg boot and run under the header.

When I had the engine out the last time I bought a set of TTI headers. Well they don't fit much better. Had to shim the engine up to clear the TTI.

At this point I wish I had a set of factory manifolds or had put in a tube K member and switched over to coil overs and R & P steering. As a kid I had headers on several cars and always said I would never have another. Then built the Dart and remember why I said that.

-
Back