if you could have any tool for a christmas present...

-
Hobart 140, awesome welder, even a cave man can do it hehehe...No really you can weld floor pans to 1/4 inch steel plating with the same welder.....Just make sure you get abig enough Bottle or gas

what would be a good welder for a beginner? i have always wanted to learn just haven't had the money to get one and don't know which one would be best to learn on.

A Miller MIG welder would be nice, but a lincoln mig is a lot cheaper. Make sure if you get one it have adjustable regulator for the CO2/Argon gas

Let's see, what would I want for Christmas.........HHHHUUUUMMMMM, A New BARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a house last month and now need to build a barn to store my stuff in. As far as tools, I have all I would need, But WANT, some gear wrench flex wrenches would be nice

How about the tool John Holmes had....?
1386.gif

All kidding aside, I'd suggest a Bead Blast cabinet, MIG welder, and a Drill Press as reasonable gifts. Harbor Freight sells realistically priced tools suitable for the home hobbist. I wouldn't use their hydraulic press in a truck-shop, but for the occasinal axle bearing or A arm busing they're perfect. A blast cabinet is essential if your re-building ANYTHING just to get surfaces clean enough to assemble, and the MIG allows you the luxury of building your own cabinet or press....and fixing almost everything else.

But then again, gift cards are always the right size, color, & style....

Bead blasting cabinet, mig/tig welder, all good gift's that are needed.

I speak for myself and I'm sure others here when I say I'm not worried about anyone else's 'tool' thats for sure...lol

Bead blasting cabinet, mig/tig welder, all good gift's that are needed.

I speak for myself and I'm sure others here when I say I'm not worried about anyone else's 'tool' thats for sure...lol

If it was replaceable I'm sure someone would be..... :-D

In my best Fog-Horn Leg-Horn impersonation: That's a joke Son...

pulling names from the hat usually means limits on the value. so I think the gift card would be the best for a realistic suggestion and throw in the mig welder suggestion as a joke. If she gets you the mig welder, switch sisters no matter how many kids

my present arrived last saturday, it´s a new mig welder :cheers:

DRILL DOCTOR

YES!!!!!! 100% right!

I go through drill bits like they are nothing and I have yet to find a good set. The only ones that have lasted are the 2 step bits I got after I fought the urge to spend 50 bucks for the 1" step bit.

Drill Doctor is one of those small things that I know I need to get but I just keep putting off for some reason.

I want a tool that can read minds.

Either that or I want a crystal ball so I can diagnose check engine lights and electrical problems quicker.

I'm confident with my other tools.

YES!!!!!! 100% right!

I go through drill bits like they are nothing and I have yet to find a good set. The only ones that have lasted are the 2 step bits I got after I fought the urge to spend 50 bucks for the 1" step bit.

Drill Doctor is one of those small things that I know I need to get but I just keep putting off for some reason.

Best resonable idea. I often wish I had one everytime I have to buy another bit. Second choice blast cabinet.

I get the 110v Lincoln 135 GREAT WELDER 4 beginners or hey i use it all the time and ive been a welder 4 30 years(il take an "invertig"4 xmas thou)

How about paying for a quarter/semester at an area votech school for autobody/welding classes... depending upon where you live, it might be cheaper than a pair of vice grips!
C

-
Back