If you don't care for big wheels...

-
As one who typically despises wheels larger than 15" diametre , I must admit that these look very nice on your '72 :glasses7:.
For the same reasons mentioned previously , it's the fact that they're not some gaudy ghetto-cookie chromed-out monsters with some hideous design ; and 18" diametre isn't too bad .

I'm concerned by the lugcentric retention as opposed to hubcentric , as now those spindly '72 & earlier studs are carrying the load ; definitely no bueno !

As a side note : I've always preferred the '72 grille to the '70 / '71 grille , as it just looks cleaner , parking lamps and all ; those horizontal lines really clean it up nicely .

...I'm concerned by the lugcentric retention as opposed to hubcentric , as now those spindly '72 & earlier studs are carrying the load ; definitely no bueno !

Plenty of old school rides running around with 15" Cragar SS uni-lug wheels. They sure as hell were not hubcentric and they lived to tell the tale even to this day. Ehrenberg and his "must have only hubcentric wheels" are proven wrong by the masses yet again. My '76 Volare Roadrunner had Cragar SS wheels, monroe air shocks jacked to the sky and never ever had a problem with wheel studs. On the other hand my '05 Grand Caravan with factory steel wheels breaks studs with frighteningly regularity even when they are torqued to spec. :dontknow:

Wylde1.

Looks great! But I say two inches and you have the stance NAILED!

Think so? I still want a tiny bit of rake, and I'm as low as I can go up front without new UCA's. Tell ya what, I'll try a 1" drop when the new rear goes in and post pics. Lemme know then if you think it needs another inch.

Thanks!

I'm concerned by the lugcentric retention as opposed to hubcentric , as now those spindly '72 & earlier studs are carrying the load ; definitely no bueno !

Well, I admit I'd prefer hub centric wheels for insurance, but keep in mind this car's a cruiser. It's a got a mildly hopped up slant, and I don't race my car AT ALL, in a straight line or otherwise. Others with the same wheel/stud combo I've talked to haven't had any issues, so here's hoping I won't either. For what it's worth, these rims and and tires are almost the same weight as the steel Rallyes and 235/60-14's they replaced.

As a side note : I've always preferred the '72 grille to the '70 / '71 grille , as it just looks cleaner , parking lamps and all ; those horizontal lines really clean it up nicely .

I totally agree! But I think you and I are the only ones who feel that way.... ;)

QUOTE]

Not sure but I think the factory rallys on my 70 Dart are lugcentric. Yes? No?

Think so? I still want a tiny bit of rake, and I'm as low as I can go up front without new UCA's. Tell ya what, I'll try a 1" drop when the new rear goes in and post pics. Lemme know then if you think it needs another inch.

Thanks!

Definitely!!! And you can still work the rake. Maybe 2" front, 1" rear. The rake will be very subtle, but I really think the stance would be money. Looks good though. I think these A-bodies are ripe for 18's. These cars look so good with the wheels tucked into the fenders. Especially the rear quarters, AWESOME!!!

Looks good! I think 18's are about the limit on a-bodies, but thats JMO. I plan on running 17's, just a little more sidewall for ride comfort. But like the others said, the style of rim makes all the difference in the world and you picked a good one.

Looks great to me. Most of my Mopar buddies don't like my wheels at first on the Dart, but last time I checked I paid for them they didn't...

100_3577.jpg

If it was hard to get the lugs started, make SURE they fit the 4 inch pattern and not the metric pattern that is "close" but not the same!

For the most part I do not like big rims. Most of it has to do with the style of the rims. Some I like though. You picked out a nice set and they give you car a nice look. Well done.

Agreed- depends on the size and style of the rim...any rim that looks like it was styled after a "Salad Shooter" attachment and in the 20"+ size is gut-wrenchingly BAD

vynn, I think your wheels look fantastic!! You have great taste and I'm fond of the look myself.....:toothy9:

Attachments

• New Wheels & Stance Adj. 011.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 156
-
Back