If you had xray vision!

-
I hope you're picking Dad's brain so you can "carry on oh wayward Son". By the looks of the way he "meticulously" does things, "he's never done this before" = not. You're one lucky guy to have a Dad that knows what's what. Pick that brain young man. Can't wait to hear it run.
He's got 40 years of engine building knowledge up there. Meticulous,that he is nothing get's left undone. Lucky yes,big shoes to fill maybe that's why I'm a finish carpenter with a car hobby. I can't wait either,always wanted a motor that my Dad had built.It's going to be great putting this together with him.

Hey bud, I talked to you on the truck site for a bit there. Dart looks great, and engine build looks like its coming along great too. Mind if I ask where you had your tranny built? I've got a 727 to put behind my 340 as well and need it built. A friend recommended C&S Transmissions in Lantzville, but I don't know much about them yet.
PM sent.

Getting real close now. If you put your ear up to the picture you can hear the faint roar of a wicked 340!!!!!!!:grin::grin:

From what I can see the rest of the car looks awesome. And now this killer motor built by pops, I would never look back. Your going to have a great car.

Out of curiosity, why is the oil filter pointed forwards? Does it give more clearance than pointed to the rear?

Did you find this car is Sacramento? It was for sale in Auburn for 4k before the seller got it and painted it and put it on ebay. I wanted to grab it before he did. Still a sweet car bummer on the motor though. The new one looks great.

Did you find this car is Sacramento? It was for sale in Auburn for 4k before the seller got it and painted it and put it on ebay. I wanted to grab it before he did. Still a sweet car bummer on the motor though. The new one looks great.
P.M sent. Thanks the motor turned out awesome.

Looks sweet, KUDOS to your Dad!!! What kind of headers are those? Do you have power steering and brakes or no?

Wow great engine. My dad and I rebuilt my 340 a couple of years ago. He has been a mechanic for 45 years, so I am always learning from him. We are both lucky to have suck knowledgeable fathers!

What a great picture with Mom and Dad....This moment in time might not ever have happened. Somethings happen for a reason. That will be a treasured pic.

What a great picture with Mom and Dad....This moment in time might not ever have happened. Somethings happen for a reason. That will be a treasured pic.
Man you nailed it. Dad's been retired for a year now,could be the last complete Collins Engine to come out of the stable. (The Silver Lining!)Time flies take advantage of it.

Dad says motor is complete and ready to go. Pressure tested and primed. he asked me what we're doing this weekend. WE'RE DROPPING HER IN OF COARSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'll flick the switch for sure. Thanks alot to all the members that have been following along, it's pretty cool reading all the feedback. Hopefully the next posts will be of it in and running. :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

That is definitely awesome that you get an engine like that, that your dad built. The car went from a broke motor car story of you getting scammed on ebay, to a meaningful car that you will never want to sell because the great memories it has brought to you in such a short period.

It's in. Gonna fire her up Monday. Holiday here in B.C. Won't get much sleep tonight. :wav:Look at the last picture and see if anyone has a good punchline to, what did the carburator say to the oil can?

-
Back