If you have a msd Hemi-6 chime in please

-

swifter

Reaction score
If you have your motor operating,What are you guy's setting your rev. limiter at???? I have mine set at 6800 but have new cam,valve springs and lifters in, THanks Swifter

This is an important question. If the cam is only designed for making power to 5,800, running it to 6,800 will most likely return a slower ET.

bingo... and i doubt you'll be able to over rev that third gen with out some serious duration

What cam are you runnin? Usual setup for a track car is shift at 500rpm past peak HP and cross the line at 1000rpm past peak.

For what it's worth, my parents' stock 04 Hemi Ram auto seems to shift more or less right at 6000 with your foot buried in it. I'm running a stock engine right now aside from the carb intake and headers and it seems to lay over some after 4500-5000. Some of that might be the current timing curve though. I have the limiter at 6000 for the time being.

Factory intakes quit making power at 5800 rpm and the OEM big end of the rods will go out of round at 7000.

Peter at xv regularly with the comp cam's new springs and new cam run them on the dyno up to 7200 rpm--quite making power?? when my motor got dynoed they ran it up to 6400 and the engine was still making hp,There was no drop off and the power really came in around 3800 and my hp graph never dropped off--Steve

Joejr?? Hey buddie--so what is yours set at???? u didn't answer

Also guy's help me out--I have my cam card from comp,should there be a rpm listed on it??? be easy on me this is my first build :) my cam is a comp xfi 273h-14 grind intake lift .547 exhaust lift .550 lobe seperation 114.0 duration @.050 is intake 224--exhaust 228 lobe lift intake--.3420 exhaust--.3460 Thanks

Just talked to comp,We should be setting our rev limits somewhere around 6400--6600 rpm with this cam--Steve

Joejr?? Hey buddie--so what is yours set at???? u didn't answer

Sorry!!! used to be set at 7000RPM with the old cam. 232 [email protected] 108LSA It's now at 7800rpm. I hit it a few times untill I hooked up the burn out rpm limiter. If memory serves me, my new cam is a 248 257@ .050 107LSA.

Sweet Jesus you wind that thing to 7800?? You made the bottom end bullet proof didn't u---Thanks Joejr

Sweet Jesus you wind that thing to 7800?? You made the bottom end bullet proof didn't u---Thanks Joejr

Steel crank, eagle rods, ross pistons, 6.1L lifters, adjustable pushrods set for .030 preload. The only thing I wory about are the rockers. I had them cryo treated and I can't afford the Arrington rockers yet. When I get them I will throw some more lift in a new cam. Only running around .530 lift and would like to be around .650 After I do that, goodby 11s 10s here I come!!!

what is the benifit of 6.1 lifters over 5.7 lifters? i am geting into my first 5.7 build and needing a little help with some things

what is the benifit of 6.1 lifters over 5.7 lifters? i am geting into my first 5.7 build and needing a little help with some things

From what I am told and anyone can correct me if I am wrong, the 6.1L lifters are anti pump. They do have a different part number than the 5.7L lifters.

-
Back