If you were told it looked like you only had a couple years to live..........

-
It would probably take me that long to get all my "collectables" organized,and get rid of what my son does'nt want. He would not be very happy,if I left it for him to do. I have very litte debt,but I want to make sure he won't have to contend with that either. A lot of what I have,he has no interest in,there fore has no idea of value. The cars are not going anywhere. I told him I was going to leave them to my Grandson. He said "the hell with that,those are mine." Only other thing,would be to spend as much time with them as I could.

With over 18,000 members there is a good chance that a few of us have a couple years or less, just a fact of life. I try to remember that I am only borrowing Time, Air and Space here anyway. Try to live like the bus could be by at any time and be ready to get on it. Oh yeah, and grow my hair back to the length it was in the late 60's when I was doing a lot of street racing:toothy2: :angel10:
Rat

i would have to continue what i'm doing every day...doing what it takes to make sure my family is safe, secure, and setup in case something happens to me. Yea, i would sell a couple things to pad the nest egg for them, but i would have to leave the things they know i love for them to enjoy in memory of me. I can't do anything other than that, my wife and kids mean everything to me!!! Geof

x2

Interesting that this thread came up at this time.
Last month my Dr's told me I have 24-48 months to live (give or take ??? months).

After thinking this over a bit I decided to write out a good will so there is no question who gets what.
I am gonna just keep doing what I have been and keep in much better contact with family and friends.
When I get my wagon back from Waggin I am gonna start taking short "Meet my FABO family" trips. A month or so a trip with a break between - chemo and radiation permiting.

I already started smoking weed again (it really DOES help with appetite, nausea, and general well being).

I guess that's about it.

Later,
Bruce B.

Interesting that this thread came up at this time.
Last month my Dr's told me I have 24-48 months to live (give or take ??? months).

After thinking this over a bit I decided to write out a good will so there is no question who gets what.
I am gonna just keep doing what I have been and keep in much better contact with family and friends.
When I get my wagon back from Waggin I am gonna start taking short "Meet my FABO family" trips. A month or so a trip with a break between - chemo and radiation permiting.

I already started smoking weed again (it really DOES help with appetite, nausea, and general well being).

I guess that's about it.

Later,
Bruce B.

Ouch, yeah, ain't that the way it goes sometimes. Sorry to hear that. Is it worth being miserable to squeeze every little minute out of life? I haven't decided yet. Still wondering if a dive off the swim step in 1500 feet of water with a cannon ball would be better than everyone knowing and worrying. Just make sure I throw 800' of line out to my boat doesn't go aground.

Man I can't believe any one would sell their toys. I would buy a bunch more. My wife would kill me If I didn't. She would want me to start enjoying my self much more than I do now, in the time I have left. I would figure out a way to empty my personal bank account before I was gone. My wife on the other hand has already taken care of. I spent the first 40 years of my life seeing to that.

Make sure you're right with God by accepting Jesus, His only son, and receiving His forgiveness....and then take as many with you to heaven as you can!:study:

I'd probably get smacked alot due to the requests i'd make' but while i was requesting i'd narrow down my hit list and keep moving. Naturally i'd be doing it all in my duster. I have always look at today as my last so i do not regret tomorrow what i did today. I have never done anyone wrong on purpose so i'd die with a smile ! Should i go to hell i'd be sure to put in a good word for some of my friends.

Bruce, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I hope and pray that the time you have left is happy, fulfilling and free of pain. Never give up hope. I pray the doctors are wrong and you have many good years ahead of you.

As for my "bucket list", it would include driving up the Pacific Coast Highway (the entire length) in a classic Mopar convertible. My bucket list would also include traveling to Australia and New Zealand (timing the trip so I could attend a Mopar show or two down under), and a trip to Brazil that would also include attending a Mopar show.
I might even look into the posssibility of attending at least one car show (preferably Mopar) in each of the 50 states (have already attended car shows in at least 12 states,FL,VA,MD,DE,NJ,PA,MA,OH,MI,IN,CA,HI). And I haven't attended a Mopar show in Canada yet either.

I would lose some weight so they would not strain so much while carring my casket.....Sorry to hear that a doctor gave you a time frame........I work lots of doctors, and ya know they are wrong from time to time. my prayers will be for you tonight! good luck and God bless!

I'm 25 and I was diagnosed with cancer in June. I left work, moved back to the area my family is in and I'm just enjoying life.

I started a farm, we've got a 2500sqft garden, 20 chickens and 2 cows, about to get pigs. I wanted to see if I could provide the food we needed(this was on my bucket list). It's working, all organic and sustainable.

I also bought a road bike(pedals, not gas) with plans to eventually ride across the country.

I'm getting my 64 dart convertible back on the road. It was my first car when I was 15(never ran though) and it's always been my dream to drive it.

And I'm probably going back to school. There are plenty more on mine, but those are a good start.

Turning 25 the month before I was diagnosed, I never even thought about a bucket list, but if the situation comes up, your list fills up pretty quickly.

-
Back