Illinois

-
Anybody other then me getting anything done this winter? I am finally on the tail end of this Hotchkis TVS kit install. Went with the QA1 Lower control arms too since I have the sway bars for the front and rear to install still too. But the bulk of the work is done though. The whole front end with the exception of the torsion bars and the k member is new.

Crook County. ..bahaha...is the "Nut Hut" still in Tinley? (By any chance, does any one have a signed barrel carb for a slant six?)

Where in Northern Illinois(Im in Great Lakes) would be the best place to take my Dart for an alignment now that all the Hotchkis/QA1 suspension is installed?

Never mind I got it done at Berry's Tire in Libertyville.

On a different note, I'm organizing a car show for May 21st at the Great Lakes Navy Exchange on Green Bay Road if anyone would like to go. Were going to have a couple area businesses like Waukegan Tire and Libertyville Chevrolet coming out as well as a few more we haven't gotten the final confirmation from yet. Once I get the final flyer I will share it on the thread.

Now that my suspension is all done I have these left overs(stock upper and lower control arms, steering rods, strut rods) if anyone wants them as spares to rebuild. Pick them up in North Chicago area near the Navy Base.

New flyer for the car show I'm organizing at the Navy Exchange in Great Lakes. I know they aren't Mopars, cut me some slack.
Carshow%20Flyer_zps58pnjnpv.png

Anyone looking for a great running 360 race engine I know a good location on a brand new build about 600 hp

Streetable or strictly race? Been rolling around the idea about ditching the slant6 for a sb or maybe building the slant and throwing a hairdryer on it.

Streetable or strictly race? Been rolling around the idea about ditching the slant6 for a sb or maybe building the slant and throwing a hairdryer on it.
It's strictly race built by Hughes Engines edelbrock heads 14.5:1 414 c.i. everything but the crank is forged

hello in Chicago looking for a dodge demon any info would be great 71 or 72 thanks mike

Will anyone be showing up here in Great Lakes next Saturday for our Car show? Waukegan Tire, Libertyville Chevy, and AD Motorsports will be our 3 main vendors for the event as well as redbull/monster and a local hotdog/Italian beef vendor. I'm the one who setup the whole thing so you know ill be there with my 75 Swinger.

Varna originally. That is a small farming community mid state. I live in LaVergne,TN now

Last edited:
Our show is still on for this weekend at the Burkey Mall Navy Exchange here In Great Lakes, IL. You don't have to pre-register, you can show up and sign up the day of as well. If your coming to the show please be sure to enter from the Green Bay Road entrance if your going to show your car, or the Buckley road entrance if you are a spectator. Fingers crossed the weather forecast stays the same, looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

-
Back