Illinois

-
Just outside of Peoria
sorry to hear that. haha. im originally from across the river from peoria. moved to kcmo 10yrs ago. left illinois 15 or more. been in and out over there to visit. miss my la gondola and mickies pizza though. just heard they closed the n pekin mickies. gotta find the other one when i go back in the spring.

I'm from Decatur originally left when I was 13 I think back in 96. Went to California, then moved to Idaho for a couple years probably around 05 or so. Stayed for a couple years then moved back to Decatur. It was horrible having kids there. Always paranoid they were gonna get hurt so I moved to Colorado. Now I'm in New Mexico about an hour from Colorado and will be going back to Colorado when I get my taxes back hopefully. Colorado has been the best even if it is a struggle, it's way better for my kids

sorry to hear that. haha. im originally from across the river from peoria. moved to kcmo 10yrs ago. left illinois 15 or more. been in and out over there to visit. miss my la gondola and mickies pizza though. just heard they closed the n pekin mickies. gotta find the other one when i go back in the spring.
I gotcha. I'm actually from Metamora. My car came from Pekin though. You had to have seen it at some point. It used to sit on Sheridan just up the little hill.

Originally from Moline, grew up in Park Forest. Now live in Atlanta.
Im from Monee about 7 miles from Park Forest. My wife's family still in Park Forest. NOT what it was in the 70s and early 80s. I used to work at the Sears Auto Center there, '87-90. then went to work for a while at South Oak Dodge. Now live in Kankakee County out west of Kankakee. (been in this house since 98) and work as a mechanic for this miserable state.
I told my wife 30 years ago when we were still boyfriend/girlfriend that I would never live in Crook County.
BTW I'm about 18 mi from Wilmington, heard that one mentioned pages back, used to work in Joliet.
I know this is old thread, any of you still around?

Hey der,
Its only been 28 years since i lived in the homeland. Seems like just yesterday. Just got done watching my morning vice grip garage episode and I'm heading out ta da shop to turn some nuts. Miss the nice people of the Midwest a lot....

I'm still here. And still from Park Forest. My Mom when she moved back up from Florida lived in Monee just outside of the downtown. When I was visiting sometimes I'd see a Maroon and black 62 Imperial LeBaron driving around. One time I saw him at the Post Office and had just enough time to say Love the Car before he took off.

Ya I miss being up that way but I'd sure never live there again. Great place to grow up in the 70s and 80s. Sears and the auto center are long gone, and they've turned the Plaza into a little town center. Very weird. Roads go right through it now.

I'm still here. And still from Park Forest. My Mom when she moved back up from Florida lived in Monee just outside of the downtown. When I was visiting sometimes I'd see a Maroon and black 62 Imperial LeBaron driving around. One time I saw him at the Post Office and had just enough time to say Love the Car before he took off.

Ya I miss being up that way but I'd sure never live there again. Great place to grow up in the 70s and 80s. Sears and the auto center are long gone, and they've turned the Plaza into a little town center. Very weird. Roads go right through it now.
I sure wouldn't want to go back to monee nowadays.
And park forest,now that they closed down rich east, that town will really swirl the drain.
I went to Crete Monee HS, graduated mid 80s.
back then PF was like 2 seperate worlds separated by sauk trail.
There is a big time slant 6 guy that lives in PF near rich east.
My in laws live north of rich east and the old racquet club, between sauk trail and orchard.

I grew up in West Lincolnwood, a couple blocks from Rt 30. The whole place is heartbreaking. I feel bad that RE is closed, that's where I went to high school. Park Forest has such high taxes and the present governor of the state seems like a crook. Glad I'm out of there.

I grew up in West Lincolnwood, a couple blocks from Rt 30. The whole place is heartbreaking. I feel bad that RE is closed, that's where I went to high school. Park Forest has such high taxes and the present governor of the state seems like a crook. Glad I'm out of there.
You're not missing much. Trust me.

I'm close to Springfield...born, raised, and employed there. Recently retired and preparing to leave for Missouri

Glad you were able to escape. Not sure if it would have applied to West Lincolnwood, but the 'Mayor' of Chicago wants an exit tax levied upon people in Chicago if they sell their property to leave (to escape taxes and crime).
This story is from late '19, whether it ever happens or not, it clearly shows the insanity of a typical communist leftist trash politician. Chicagoans who own zero property and leach off of taxpayers voted for her....imagine that.
Lightfoot asks Springfield for progressive ‘exit tax’ on Chicago property sales

I should clarify, West Lincolnwood is the name of the neighborhood in Park Forest where I grew up. Never lived in the city.

I've been in the deep south over 20 years but I still have fond memories of our crooked little state. I haven't been back for several years, maybe this summer I'll go for a visit. I don't think I know anyone there anymore, but I have some extended family in the Quad Cities, I'll for sure go there for a Maid Rite and some Whitey's ice cream.

Been in park forest too much lately.mother in law lives there, I have been going up from kankakee to maintain the yard and with mother in law having been in the hospital in oak lawn have been up there too much. I worked at the old sears auto center there, I don't like what that area has become.

[QUOTE="slantflat, post: 1973471981, member: 35420" ... but I have some extended family in the Quad Cities, I'll for sure go there for a Maid Rite and some Whitey's ice cream.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you brought back a flood of memories just then. I'd go for a Country Style malt in a heartbeat. Haven't had one since I was 14 ... but I can still taste it if I think hard.

-
Back