I'm a new member, thanks to Lee

-

Double M

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Lee said I should introduce myself.

I'm from San Bernardino, Ca. I do alot of work on circle track stuff for a living, but A body Mopars have always raised my heart beat, especially small blocks. I've owned a '63 Valiant 2 door post, 273, 340X heads, wheel well headers and 4 speed/8.75 rear with a bunch of different ratios that I used to street race in Hemet, CA in the early '70's. Also a '67 Belvedere 2 door post, with every small block mopar exept a 360, 833 V-gate, a '67 Baracuda fastback with every small block except for 360, 833 V-gate, a '72 Baracuda with a 318/904, a 67 Dodge Dart 2 door post 225/904, a '64 Valiant 4 door with a 225 and 904, a '73 Duster w/340, tunnel, hemi geared aluminum A body four speed, V-gate and 5.13, and now a '66 Valiant 2 door post, 273, 904 and 8.75 3.23 sure grip that I built for my daughter (till she got into a fender bender, now it's MINE).

That's about it for now, I really hate typing, but Lee said............so here I am.

Also have '67 GMC half ton daily driver work truck, 350 with a Dominator and V-gate Super T and a '78 Jeep Cherokee 4X4, lockers front and rear, 4.56's and a turbo 400, fun toy.

My wife drives a 2001 Saturn L 300 V-6. She won't let me play with it, though.

Russ.

Edit. almost forgot, also had a '65 Valiant 2 door hardtop, got wrecked before I even had a motor in it. That's another story.

Welcome Russ. Like to stir the trans yourself, huh? I love a four speed also but will switch between a CRT built 727 and an 833 if I ever get my project on the road. Glad to have you here.

Russ, welcome to FABO from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here!
Sounds like we're about the same vintage as I used to do my street racing in Whittier and strip racing at OCIR in the early '70s.
PM sent to you.

Freind of Lee's huh?

You must be OK then. ;)

Welcome aboard. No woories on typeing skills. 10+ years and it still sucks....along with my spelling.

Ahhhhhhhhh, there he is with his own thread!!!! :love7:

I see you've already met a couple of my customers and quite a few friends Russ ... you'll be right at home here in no time, and be just as addicted as the rest of us before you know it.

FABO, I lived next door to this wonderful man from 1996 to 2003. Not only is he a Mopar maniac, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever have the good fortune to meet. Over the years I've sent him a few links to threads I thought he might find interesting, so I guess it worked -- he's here! The knowledge and experience Russ has to share will quickly turn him into one of FABO's greatest assets.

My dear friend, please let me formally welcome you to the best Mopar site the net has to offer. It's more of a big family than anything else, and is unlike any message board you've ever seen. You're going to have a great time around here and I for one am damn glad to have ya. :-D

But you and Rumblefish360 Rob are the only ones who call me Lee. The rest probably didn't know who you're talking about.

Post some pics when you get the chance! Hey, whatever happened to Eryn's wagon??? Man that thing was sweeeeeeeeeet!

Welcome to FABO Russ! I am a Russ too. I am not that far from you just out side of Temecula. You have come to a great site.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I'm still trying to navigate this site.

64Vert, I still haven't figured out how to do "quotes" yet, and you want pictures? Maybe my wife knows how, I'll figure it out one of these days.

ShowNgo, I bought my first Mr. Gasket V-gate when they first came out. Absolutely love 'em.

OCDart, thanks for the invite, but just don't have any free time, the OSS and Irwindale guys and gals keep me pretty busy.

Burnt Orange, when I drove a truck in the late '70's and '80's, I loved going to Temecula. Used to spend alot of time on Bianci's dock looking at all the old western cowboy stuff John would find.

Russ.

-
Back