I'm Afraid

-

xempirex

Reaction score
I want to yank my 318 out and rebuild it myself. New CAM,Carb, etc. I look at it and think I'm biting off more than I can chew. Anyone else feel like that before they got started?

Yep...only way your gonna learn is by gettin your hands dirty! Research and read everything and just when you think you have it figured out....do more research!!
Good luck.

Oh yea you have alotta help rite here on FABO

The way i look at it, we all have bitten off more than we could chew at one point in our lives, but that is how we learn.
Prepare yourself with the tools that you will need and most importantly, a Factory Service Manual specifically for your car. Read the FSM front to back on the topic at hand, and if you are careful,you should have no problems at all.
I say do it!
Just my 2 cents as usual,
Tom.

I want to yank my 318 out and rebuild it myself. New CAM,Carb, etc. I look at it and think I'm biting off more than I can chew. Anyone else feel like that before they got started?
If you dont want to touch the bottom end just yank the heads and get a good valve job done. Buy a cam with valve springs and get the new springs installed when you get the heads cleaned up. You should be able to do the cam,intake,carb yourself with some instruction. Oh yeah, drain the coolent before you start. Pull the rad,fan ,waterpump,fuel pump. You will need a gasket set.

Hear ya. I spend countless hours researching, planning, doubting everytime I try something new. Once I'm going though, it usually turns out satisfactory. The hardest part is jumping in.

Take pics while you're pulling it apart, keep your stuff organized, expect small problems, ask the gurus on here if you need help or people like me for encouragement, and before you know it.. it's done!

Grant

ya i got that to but dont worry just take your time and be methodical and f you need help just ask the guys on here they know what they're doing

-
Back