[FOR SALE] I'm back with my dual 3.5" speaker brackets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to order some speakers. What seems to be the bang for buck to go with here? I got the plate and am ready to install. Thanks.

Thank you for the great idea to do this. I am a metal fabricator by trade. I traced out my single speaker mount bracket, and whittled a mount out of .080" thick aluminum plate i had kicking around. I like the idea of using 4" speakers. I cut the holes 3.50" diameter.

I am not trying to steal your thunder on this, just giving you kudos for a great idea. I know theres lots of folks who prob dont have access to the tools i do, and it makes it easier for them to just purchase one from you. I didnt have a 3.50" holesaw, so after i templated out the speaker holes with a compass i had to chain drill them out, then file everything round with a drum type rotary file. Even so it took me an hour or 2 to make one.

I am now looking at some pioneer 4" 2 way speakers. I put some 4x6 pioneers in my chevy pickup. They play pretty good.

I'm about to order some speakers. What seems to be the bang for buck to go with here? I got the plate and am ready to install. Thanks.
Keith, my apologies for not responding sooner. I just saw this post. Please see your email I just sent discussing speaker choices.

Thank you for the great idea to do this. I am a metal fabricator by trade. I traced out my single speaker mount bracket, and whittled a mount out of .080" thick aluminum plate i had kicking around. I like the idea of using 4" speakers. I cut the holes 3.50" diameter.

I am not trying to steal your thunder on this, just giving you kudos for a great idea. I know theres lots of folks who prob dont have access to the tools i do, and it makes it easier for them to just purchase one from you. I didnt have a 3.50" holesaw, so after i templated out the speaker holes with a compass i had to chain drill them out, then file everything round with a drum type rotary file. Even so it took me an hour or 2 to make one.

I am now looking at some pioneer 4" 2 way speakers. I put some 4x6 pioneers in my chevy pickup. They play pretty good.
No thunder here to steal. Actually, that is exactly how I made my early brackets, before I found a shop with a CNC laser cutter. :thumbsup:
I cut mine from old aluminum traffic signs using a band saw and hole saw, then dressed them up with a belt sander and drum sander. As you said, it's not something everyone has the time, patience, tools, or space to do for themselves - the very reason I began offering them at what I consider a reasonable price. Funny how great minds think alike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back