I'm considering an A 500 4 speed overdrive for a 72 Duster

-
This is the rest of the pics I have during Fab

That’s some fine work.
I have a 518/46rh I’m preparing for the swap in the fall.
These are great reference pics....the best I’ve seen I think.....thank you thank you.
Would you by any chance have a pic of the shifter shaft bracket fab you did for the stock console shifter? I’ve already shaved the od section smooth that’s on that side of the housing in the direct collision path of the shifter rod.

That rod only has to make about a ninety degree turn, so it could be cut around the trans so the pivot point can be correct. But I'm not so sure it can't just be bent in a couple places. I know it's mounted vertically, but maybe that could be an unnecessary point.

That rod only has to make about a ninety degree turn, so it could be cut around the trans so the pivot point can be correct. But I'm not so sure it can't just be bent in a couple places. I know it's mounted vertically, but maybe that could be an unnecessary point.

I know the rod bushing bracket will have to be relocated and secured. I’m not worried at all and think using the stock shifter won’t be a real issue.

Boy THAT IS an interesting approach to the crossmember. Other's I've seen cut it clear out and install a bent piece of thick strap. Seems like your approach might be somewhat easier, and maybe combine the two methods, IE lay a piece of bent strap up into the cut channel.

This is the rest of the pics I have during Fab

That’s some fine work.
I have a 518/46rh I’m preparing for the swap in the fall.
These are great reference pics....the best I’ve seen I think.....thank you thank you.
Would you by any chance have a pic of the shifter shaft bracket fab you did for the stock console shifter? I’ve already shaved the od section smooth that’s on that side of the housing in the direct collision path of the shifter rod.

I'm not using factory shift linkage. I'm using a Hurst pro matic 2 with a cable.

IMG_20190804_222204434.jpg

IMG_20190325_170325243.jpg

IMG_20190324_105440942.jpg

IMG_20190324_105501590.jpg

IMG_20190325_170325243.jpg

Boy THAT IS an interesting approach to the crossmember. Other's I've seen cut it clear out and install a bent piece of thick strap. Seems like your approach might be somewhat easier, and maybe combine the two methods, IE lay a piece of bent strap up into the cut channel.
Yep, my thought was to cut/channel the existing cross member, hoping it retained the most amount of rigidity. That coupled with the uscartool 3/16 trans member, I'm hoping it all holds up to the stroker.

The floor shifter is a very important thing for this car.
I had a Gear Vendors unit in my '70 Charger. It was an early model with no mounting boss for the floor shifter setup. The prior owner of the GV made a bracket that was secured by a bolt in the GV case. I suppose that with some thinking, I could fab up something like that.
If not, a cable arrangement could be used.

I used a Quicksilver under my console and most people wouldnt catch it. Easy mod.

If this in response to the cross member fab, then yes. You do have to fab your own mount or buy the one from US car Tool.
Yes it was. All the other one i see they have taking everything away on the body and may bee not thing about suspension.
I have been thinking about this projekt for 3 years but dont want to disform the body but your way is acceptable. And now there is a A500 1989 for sale.

-
Back