I'm Going to be a ( I'm too young)

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just found out my middle son and his GF are going to have twins she is 5 weeks prego. I am too young to be a Grandfather. :sad10:

Congratulations gramps.

Twins but don't know the sex. Now we will need to relocate and help him get a job.

Or Two Jobs... How are you doing?
TXDart

To be honest it doesn't help me at all, but I will do my best. I hate to say we will need to relocate so he can get work. My wife job ends in june or the first week of July and my Disability check won't be enough for 6 Adults and 2 babies. But I am starting to get excited even with everything going on.

What kind of work does he got experience in?And have far would the family move?
TXDart

What kind of work does he got experience in?And have far would the family move?
TXDart

Well he only has the Army experience. He had a job working in a convenience store but got fired,they said he was loitering. He showed up to work a hour early. My wife works a mail room and her job ends too. Me I am too high risk to work.

Tough Economy right now but he just needs to keep putting out applications and doing interviews and I sure he will find work.
We are lucky here in Texas and have not felt what the rest of country has in the past few years.My brother lost everything he had in Miami and is back in Texas after being there 15 Years.
God has blessed you'll with twins and he has a plan for you'll.
Stay positive and excited,it will all work out.
TXDart

well reb we have jobs out here there just hard to get but there is always work here if u cant work im in the same bout as u well u know my story bud lol any way good luck and have fun grandpa lol

Congrats an welcome to the grandpa club.......

Congrats on being a grandpa. Twice.. My 7 year old granddaughter was over last night and asked all on her own when she could go for a ride in my hot rod again.Priceless. Good luck on the move and the job hunt.

Attachments

• P5210012.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 138
Congrats Cliff!

It'll work out somehow. You might not like it but it will work out.

The key word is grand. Grand kids really are grand. You will love being a grandpa and having them consider you grand too, I promise.
Congrats old man LOL

Congratulations Rebel :happy10: grandchildren are Grand!! I hope all works out and dad finds work.
Enjoy these times my friend :cheers: I do!!
Larla Creeds daughter :love7:
And Macy with he mom in this magazine MemikeJr.'s daughter :love7:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 140.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 116
  • offy%20two%20to%20three%20017.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 110
  • offy%20two%20to%20three%20018.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 109
Hey it will all work out,when our first came about not a grand child,I thought how will we do this,now at 48 all is well and we are expecting our first Grandchild in September.Cant Waite.Good luck and smile.

Congratulations to you and your son - and his GF. My wife and I had twins on her 2nd pregnancy, and while it was a lot of work having two at a time, it's also been quite a ride! The boys are now 12 and getting done with their 6th grade year. Looking at how we made it through, it was a lot of changing two diapers at the same time, getting two bottles ready at the same time, getting two kids through baths and dressed at the same time, but it also means that when visiting with family, there are two babies for everyone to hold and play with. We were never without help when we were visiting with family. However, that made it so that both of the boys were wanting to be held after a family gathering, and with an older brother also running around, that always didn't happen, but with the twins, they always had each other to play with. We didn't often run into one always taking something away from the other - it happened occasionally, but my wife would always try to teach them to not take it from the other and to share. However, if a toy was on the floor, it was fair game for the other one!
Anyway, while our twins were concidered identical twins - they shared the same placenta - and they look very much alike, the differences in their personalities have really become more apparent as they have grown older. One is more outgoing than the other, but they have very much the same tastes in TV shows, books to read for school, etc. They however have different opinions as to what their favorite foods are and their aptitudes in school are not exactly the same - though close.
We always had them in different cribs, but in the same room, and they graduated to bunk beds from the cribs. The bunk beds were at first not stacked, but as they got older, we stacked their beds to give them more floor space in their room.
It's been an adventure. My wife and I are always known as the twins mom or dad when we go on field trips. My boys however are quick to tell anyone which twin they are - they don't like being called the name of the other, so their identities are very well set. They do put up with people getting mixed up though knowing they do look alike.
My wife is a twin, so we kinda (at least she did) of what to expect but it's always different being the parent.
Enjoy!

My son has no idea on how I plan to spoil them. Guess I better get a Mopar collection going. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes.

-
Back