Im in BIG trouble!!!

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
I want to cry and give upW seriously! I was suppose to drive my car to wwork tomorrow nd I screwd everything up!

well I got the engine to work now for those who read my lst topic...the reasin it stalled was because a plugged fuel filter nd needed tune up...

nd now...my stypid curiousity made me take off my clusteer to put ina better one I had...left battery on because dome light was helping me see...the two wires on the alternator gauge wernt letting me get it out..I stupidly got a lil wrench nd tried to loosen them up...nd I got sparks! and now the whole thing is dead!

I then cut those two wires off anyways not knowing the thing died ...

I replaced all fuses on box...nd nothibg...stil dead....no power anywhere! I was about to get a heart attack!

I need serious help like never before I feel like just buying a honda nd that sickens me evenmore! lol help!

is there anyone in LA, California that can help! ill buy the beers lol

Sounds like you popped the fusible link at the firewall.

hi! than u so much for replying! im going crzy!

is that fixable? replacable? theres a 24 hr autozone close buy...aaaggrrrr!!! what exaclt is that link? nd where is it...engine or interior side?

After checking the fusible link, check to see if you melted any wires on/near the bulkhead or along the way. Also, all power runs through your ammeter so you may have killed it. Good luck.

aguys well I talked to my dad nd he said normaly when theres spark on a dash or cluter nd if new fuses doesn't do the trick that its probably the relay out in the engine...bcuz nothing turns on! nothing! true?

If absolutely nothing turns on, look for the fusible link in the engine compartment near/under the master cylinder.

well all I see close to the master cylinder is a silvery box which is a control module? I don't know...and wat seems to be awhite resistor...and a small cylinder thing which has a cable screwd on top...maybe the speedomoter cable? I really don't know what im looking for

IMAGE_037.jpg

IMAGE_038.jpg

It should be to the left of your booster/master cylinder. Look at each wire and since it may be taped up, look for a bulge. Sometimes, it will say fusible link on it (again, if not taped/covered up).

It should be to the left of your booster/master cylinder. Look at each wire and since it may be taped up, look for a bulge. Sometimes, it will say fusible link on it (again, if not taped/covered up).

bingo! I found it! nd it seems cooked! how do I fix?

man thanx! what would ppl do without nice guys like yourself!

IMAGE_041.jpg

When I was much younger and found myself stuck on the side of the road, I use to bypass it. Not very smart since the fusible link blew for a reason. At that time, I did not know what the exact cause was. In your case, you do (just don't do it again). ;-) These days, properly replacing it is the way to go. You can substitute it for an aftermarket in-line fuse (just makes sure that it has the same rating as the original) and carry extra fuses with you.

BTW: Turn the macro function on your camera on. You had me taking my glasses off and on trying to focus in on that shot. ;-)

those 2 wires that went to the amp gauge need to be put together.
Whenevr I need to I'll use a small bolt and nut to connect them and tape it up good.

all the cars current goes through the amp gauge (believe it or not). That type gauge has its own faults. Conditions like weak electric system, fires, dead car. They are red and black so it dont look like they should go together but they do. A volt meter is a better design but no as accurate.

Okay im going to buy a maxi fuse for my car instead ov just putting fusible link on there...has anyone done that? how many watts of a fuse should I get...someone suggested 30 or 40...thanks u all for ur help...I couldn't believe I was helped accuratly nd was brought out of this depressive issue haha woot!

Okay im going to buy a maxi fuse for my car instead ov just putting fusible link on there...has anyone done that? how many watts of a fuse should I get...someone suggested 30 or 40...thanks u all for ur help...I couldn't believe I was helped accuratly nd was brought out of this depressive issue haha woot!

It is threads like this that make it easy for me to say that this site has the best of the best here, And this thread and many others like it I will be depending on them my self my self one day. Good job Guys:salut:

Ok what the heck is a macro function on your camera that
GTXperience was talking about..
My picturs look like that also. :drinkers:

It is threads like this that make it easy for me to say that this site has the best of the best here, And this thread and many others like it I will be depending on them my self my self one day. Good job Guys:salut:

Ok what the heck is a macro function on your camera that
GTXperience was talking about..
My picturs look like that also. :drinkers:

I happened to be up finishing some work up and saw GermzD74's request for help. It was difficult giving advice when you only slept a few hours the night before and your into your 21st hour. Anyway, that should get him back on the road (or close to it).

memike: I was talking about the function that allows you to take clear, detailed closeup shots. I find with mine that I sometimes need to stand a distance away and zoom in on the subject matter in this mode or else it is still a blurry.

I happened to be up finishing some work up and saw GermzD74's request for help. It was difficult giving advice when you only slept a few hours the night before and your into your 21st hour. Anyway, that should get him back on the road (or close to it).

memike: I was talking about the function that allows you to take clear, detailed closeup shots. I find with mine that I sometimes need to stand a distance away and zoom in on the subject matter in this mode or else it is still a blurry.

hehe mike that's right, without the passing of knowledge through generations we would still drive ...uum....horses lol

well im not sure if this camera has a zoom option...havnt played with it much...its actually part of my phone...a mobile pc....awsome device to get answers when ur stuck away frm home!

well guys so no ideas what fuse to use on the maxi fuse? my wires are 16 gauge red and 14 gauge drk blue if that helps....ac car too...which is what takes most power...tool!

Actually a fusable link is better. My bro can tell you all about 30 amp blade type fuses passing 50+ amps for a full 2 seconds before blowing.

Macro is for close-up pictures (like flower petals and fusible links).
icon12.gif

By the way, fuses are rated by their amps not watts. Check your burned fusible link and see what color it is. Here is info from a chart I found in a repair manual:

WIRE COLOR
12 ga black
14 ga red
16 ga dark blue
18 ga gray
20 ga orange
30 ga light orange

You can replace the link with a wire of the same gauge (several gauges smaller than the circuit it protects). I don't know how to make the conversion from wire gauge to appropriate amperage fuse. Maybe someone else can help there. The theory is that the smaller gauge wire will "blow" before doing damage to the entire system.

Jerry

Macro is for close-up pictures (like flower petals and fusible links).
icon12.gif

By the way, fuses are rated by their amps not watts. Check your burned fusible link and see what color it is. Here is info from a chart I found in a repair manual:

WIRE COLOR
12 ga black
14 ga red
16 ga dark blue
18 ga gray
20 ga orange
30 ga light orange

You can replace the link with a wire of the same gauge (several gauges smaller than the circuit it protects). I don't know how to make the conversion from wire gauge to appropriate amperage fuse. Maybe someone else can help there.

Jerry

well a auto electrician recommended starting with a 30 amp fuse nd if it blows just remove nd place a 40...seemed like he knew all about it specially how old chrysler cars were known to have alternator gauge problems nd that I should just bolt them together....

If you're going to tie the ammeter wires together as a by-pass, make very sure you wrap them well so they won't come in contact with the metal dash, or.....

-
Back