Im in BIG trouble!!!

-
If you're going to tie the ammeter wires together as a by-pass, make very sure you wrap them well so they won't come in contact with the metal dash, or.....

kay thanks for the tip!

well now that people are saying a maxi fuse isn't the best idea...then what is? a fusible linkage? do they sell those at lke...autozone? will it be similar to the one I fried?

or is it just wire that says fusible link wire...if I don't do the maxi fuse thing...then can someone guide me on what to do? like buy what nd what...im confused again...I plan on adding an audio system later on so might as well do it all with the best method...I need detail instructions plsss...one again my fusible link wires r 16 drk blue nd 14 red...nd im guessing the actual link has a color too...nd that's what I buy? I think it was brown or light orange maybe white...

I have two 60amp maxi-fuses on two different circuits. One supplies full time power (headlights, dome lights, etc) and the other supplies power to the ignition (key on) circuits.

They are basicly dead-short protection...no matter what amp rating you use, if it shorts out, it's going to pop a fuse, which is what you want.

I prefer them because they are easier to replace than a stupid fusible link.

im at the parts store...can I use butt connectors to crimp the ends of wire together?

im having trouble soddering grrrr

I have two 60amp maxi-fuses on two different circuits. One supplies full time power (headlights, dome lights, etc) and the other supplies power to the ignition (key on) circuits.

They are basicly dead-short protection...no matter what amp rating you use, if it shorts out, it's going to pop a fuse, which is what you want.

I prefer them because they are easier to replace than a stupid fusible link.

so if I want to do that I can just replace the fusible link with a maxi fuse holder nd put in a 60 amp fuse?

nd can I use butt connectors instead of soddering?

Its 4 am and im laying here in bed so greatfull to all of you!

shes alive!

its a celebration night...just hope I can wake up tomorrow for school =S chheeerrsss!

IMAGE_043.jpg

Outstanding...your crash course in electrical repair.

I don't like butt splices..but they work in a pinch. I would highly suggest soldering/heat shrink for a proper repair when you have time.

point to ponder... A fuse has been compaired to a circuit breaker above. Lightining goes into household circuits and frys all sorts of stuff before th breaker can overheat and open. An oversized fuse can do the same.
A fusable link is built upon actual physical properties of the conducter like electric laws written right after the kite and key experiment. These fuses we use today are built upon egg headed engineering theorys. The physical limits are left to materials used and quality control. One brand of 30 amp fuse will blow at 36 amps and the next brand may carry near 60 amps for a second or more. Atleast all fusable links are all created equal.

-
Back