I'm new, car's old but the dream continues

-

olskoolmopar

Reaction score
Well I wasn’t going to do this ‘cause the last time I did on another site I got slammed for not having the “correct combination” but here goes. Friggin’ rich kids…
Parked my 69 Dart for 27 yrs @ friend’s house while in Navy. Now 58, home again and losing sleep thinking ‘bout getting my old girl going again.
She’s got some rust but after a year of work I have moved the frame rails in 4” on each side, tubed it, narrowed the 8 ¾, strange axles/spool, 4.89 gears, cal-tracs/mono’s, hoosier 14x32s, 727, 4200 converter, 446 with 12.5s, comp cam, milodon dual, stealths. No she can’t compete with any of you rich guys but I haven’t paid a single dollar to get any of it done except rebuild the trans. There is a certain satisfaction from doing stuff yourself and I feel good about that. Debuts this season even if it’s in primer. Bracket car shooting for low 11s or at least consistency lol.
Redfish and a few others have already been there for me and I appreciate it.
Thanks FABO.

I like it, no "rich kids" here in the Bronx so cool with your combo. Its only missing one thing. PICTURES! Welcome aboard.

yea screw rich kids...im a kid (well if you consider 19 a kid) and by no means rich at all....working my *** off to finish the scamp with my own money only...that dart sounds like itll have rich kids everywhere shitting all over their daddy's bmw's...post some pics of her!

Welcome Olskool, don't worry you won't find many "rich kids" here, most of us here are young and old hard working or retired average Joe's or Jane's with the sickness. Most of us are so non-politically correct that we don't care what ya drive so long as it's a MOPAR, Hell we'll even let B Body people join, but we put them on 6 months probation so they gotto watch their tongues. LOL:toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

Glad to hear your bringing the old girl back to life! Sounds like she'll be breathing fire and SHI**ing ford! Glad to have you onboard with us.

Rich kids huh.............?? Me tink's you'se got us confused wit' da' Barrett Jackson gang...........

............ain't no one here but us guys who is "rich" in fun and friendship!

Welcome............and POST SOME PICS of that sweet combo as she comes along!! :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Welcome Olskool, don't worry you won't find many "rich kids" here, most of us here are young and old hard working or retired average Joe's or Jane's with the sickness. Most of us are so non-politically correct that we don't care what ya drive so long as it's a MOPAR, Hell we'll even let B Body people join, but we put them on 6 months probation so they gotto watch their tongues. LOL:toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

who you calling a b body guy? lol

Wecolme glad to you see you doing something with it after so long.Lets see some pictures.
jim

"rich Kids"? I have so much money that the 70 Duster is finally coming off jackstands after 21 years?

Welcome

welcome to "the not so rich" part of town, hell the more creative you are, the better we like it

Rich? I'll have you know this is a family site and iffin you use that four letter word you'll have to disguise it like "r-i-work for a living and support my family first and feed my addiction next--ch." Welcome aboard!!!!

Welcome,

Glad to see another Mopar racer from MD on the board. Myself an many others on this board are far from being "rich kids". I just struggle to build my car on a meager budget, because I have a wife, three kids, dog, cat, etc. to consume most of my resources!

Bob

-
Back