I'm new, car's old but the dream continues

-
Sounds like a case of:forgotten love!!Glad to hear your heart is going back in time.No rich kid here,just lots of parts to be re-used.And please!!!could you post some pics.???

Aw guys, I'd be ashamed right now. I've got a few pics that I took during the process but she's kind of like the girl at closing time. I can see what she WILL look like but right now better keep the lights down low.

I don't have a shop of my own so I had to do alot of prelim stuff outside and when my buddy has an open bay I have to bust my @ss to get as much done as I can and roll it out when he says so. Boy, I spent the last 13 yrs in Fl which made it seem even colder working during last winter and it's cold enough tonight to freeze the bearings off a #ord.

Right now she is still what I call "turkey turd brown"...that lovely brownish gold crap from the factory. BUT I promise when I get primer on it, I will show you that "you can cover a ton of *hit with a gallon of paint."

A glimmer of progress from this early this summer before the rear suspension was done...ps any body people want to be adopted 'cause I sure could use ya :yawinkle:

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR VERY KIND WELCOME!

from the Eastern Shore of Maryland...a very happy new year to you all.

SP_A0176.jpg

A lot of cars on this site started just like yours (or much worse) olskool, so don`t feel like you`re alone. I`m in Virginia and I`ve done two cars outside. Although it`s not the optimum way to restore a car, the winter`s are not so bad here. For a few months it`s a little slow and then it`s right back to work again. I think you`ve got a great foundation to start with. I look forward to seeing your progress pictures.

Welcome to the greatest A Body site on the internet olskool! You've already noticed no one here is going to bash you for less-than-concours appearances, so kick off your boots and make yourself at home. Looks like a really cool car too ... I can see a little smile on her face showing she's glad to be getting some attention again. Stay inspired and keep us posted on your progress. It's going to be one sweet beast shortly.

Hmmm,what's so bad about that?Looks like a kewl project to me. :cheers:

EX001039.JPG

twins.JPG

wheelie bars.JPG

There are some kids on the site, but most aren't rich. Some of us are older with families and are forced to work on a budget. Not too many store bought cars on this website. A lot of diamonds in the rough.

ALL of us are good people that will help you out anyway we can with your project. Good luck and keep us posted.

welcome from the snake i also have a 69 dart doing it my way everyone here has been very helpfull with my car.If I was a rich man i would have 10 darts............................

Welcome: Now you've really let the cat out of the bag. Nothing to be ashamed of. That's a really good start on a really good auto. I'm 57 and you should see some of the stuff i save. We all have had em like that at one time or another but with the help and advice of some really great folks on here you will get her done. Glad to have ya on board. Tell us what you need.

Rich heee heee yeah that us. I took me three years to finish a 22x25 shop with a door. I been working on a 73 dart for almost a year and havent finished the floor pans yet. But you are right do it yourself and be PROUD of it.

I wish I had pic's of some of the old mopars Iv'e rescued over the years,I like these digital camera thingee's good luck on yur kewl dart project,and keep us posted,ok now everyone can chime in with some more motivation !!!!GiTterDuNnnnnn!!!

-
Back