I'm new! Oklahoma 74 Dodge Swinger

-

baldwinjenks

Reaction score
I'm new. Glad to find a site for A-body cars! I'm in Oklahoma. I have a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger, 318 V8. All original, numbers matching, and a mere 8,000 miles....mint! Oh she's sweet. Runs like a dream. Drives straight and true. I've had it in a few car shows and people stop to look. As if they've never seen one that wasnt full of rust and dents! I had a 74 Swinger in High School, and was determined to find another a few years ago. I got lucky!

Hi. I saw there was a neighbor in the listings. I grew up in Rogers/Prairie Grove. Keep waiting for some good mopar car shows over there that I can make. Love your cars! I'll be in the upcoming Tulsarama Open car show on June 15? (it's a Saturday). They are unearthing a 57 Plymouth Belvedere that's been in a time capsule for 50 years, and this is the car show attached to it. If you should be in the neighborhood!

Glad you found this great sit. I am in northeast Arkansas.
We have herd about the 57 Plymouth being unearthed this year in your area.
Got any pic's of you 74 swinger.

Welcome Aboard! Glad to see another Okie. I live in the Tulsa area. You can pick up alot of good info here, alot of helpful people on here as well.

baldwinjenks said:
I'm new. Glad to find a site for A-body cars! I'm in Oklahoma. I have a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger, 318 V8. All original, numbers matching, and a mere 8,000 miles....mint! Oh she's sweet. Runs like a dream. Drives straight and true. I've had it in a few car shows and people stop to look. As if they've never seen one that wasnt full of rust and dents! I had a 74 Swinger in High School, and was determined to find another a few years ago. I got lucky!

can we see pictures? please?

Welcome, pleeeeeze show us some pics! pant, pant, pant. good to have you aboard! , oh, and btw, you should give me that car, it's old, and worn out, it'll cause you nothing but problems, I'll come get it free of charge. Tom Z.

To the Okie....I'm in Jenks
To the Dartnut...I'm trying to get pics loaded!
To the Canadian trying to take my Dart off my hands for me...Ha ha!! Nice try!
Thanks all!

Ok, I loaded up a pic. It's in the photo garage or on my profile. I'm still learning my way around this site.

prof.JPG

98888.JPG

I found a pic of my lifters when we took off the valve covers....Bright and shiny inside just as they should be for a car with 8,000 miles.

P1270045.JPG

P1270043.JPG

I'm planning to be at the Route 66 Car Show in Sapulpa in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll get to meet you and see your car there? Other than that, I'm also in the Tulsarama Car Show (unearthing the Belvedere) in mid June.

Thank You! It's hard to tell the color in the two pics. The paint color is "Avocado Gold Poly" It's got little metallic gold sprinkles. It's green with a goldish hue.

It was the old "little old lady died" story. Except this little old lady didnt have a will or heirs, so it got stuck in a garage while it went thru years of probate, then just was mostly forgotten. Never tagged after 1974. Then a divorce, and someone needed money......so out of the garage and into my world.
Unfortunately, letting it sit so many years took a toll. There was rust in the water pump, radiator, etc.. and the tires had dry rotted off. The paint was buried under a dull layer of dust, and it had to be washed and waxed several times. The paint is still a little dull in areas, but it IS 30 some odd years old!
But other than that, not much to do! Just some mechanical stuff like oil, lube, spark plugs, battery, etc...

Great looking Dart, welcome to the forum.
I'm on the eastern side of Oklahoma. Looks like we have a few Okie's on here!

-
Back