Im sad

-

Funforfree33

Reaction score
Well I put my car on the pit at my job today to have a good look at the under side. I was very sadened to see that the left front unibody frame rail is shot rotted real bad. Been driving and working on the car for a year it is a 66 Dart 4 door 270 with a 225 bad part is the car only has 68000 original miles. I dont know what to do. Almost wish I didnt look

Attachments

• 205985_260998753912921_100000083966181_1109829_4985122_n.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 426
Got pics of the rust? How much do you love the car...it can be fixed

Replace the frame rail. It's not like you caint get one.

Yeah, what those guys said. Fix it and keep rolling.

Dont know if I could do it...
I didn't know how to do anything, until I learned. And I have never welded professionally, so all my learning was from YouTube vids and practice. Don't look at the purchase of grinders, a welder, etc as cost to repair this one car. If you buy good stuff, it will last your lifetime with hobby use. I've had my little Lincoln SP100 for over 20 years. I've loaned it to various friends who had favors I needed in return. It's still going as strong as the day I got it.

Drill one spot weld out at a time. Weld one spot weld at a time.

It's more time consuming than difficult to replace a frame rail.
It really isn't a big deal, just be careful that you measure 10 times and weld once.

Wow they ask 3 times the price for caps what I ask for original rails.

I missed your post above. Glad you sell them for much less. When I Finally get to the floor replacement in my Dart, I may be hitting you up for the K-frame back front pieces. They are a bit beat up. if they are soft, I'll be looking for replacements.

Good for you! fix her up. I have 4 cars and always doing and redoing stuff. If it gets to you walk away for awhile. Thats why they are called project cars. Post some progress pix and good luck to you.

Awesome! Glad to see it's going to be saved. They aren't making any more Darts. Unless you count that facist hatchback thing....

It will be rewarding when you are done to look back like plot did after doing a rail replace and say hey that was pretty easy to do.

Save her, fix her then down the road drop a 340 in that 4dr bad boy!

-
Back