Importing a Mopar from Canada to The USA

-
The requirements to cross the border are changing every day. I doo not think you need to show proof of vaccine or even a negative test to cross anymore. Where is the car? I will help if I can.

Cley

Dad n I have brought a couple back from US. The last being in 2012. We were our own broker, 72 hours notice at the proper border crossing. Never any hassle from the US side, BUT we had our paperwork in order. Part of that paperwork was my US Entry Waiver that was required for me and cost me huge $$. Yep I was an a$$hole when younger, and still can be!
Also the Entry Waiver is temporary and has to be renewed unfortunately. So BOTH sides can be a$$holes. A Pardon is a very small step for gaining access into our neighbouring countries.
As I said I'm near a border and can try to help if need be, BUT I cant cross.
Good luck

I looked into the whole "pardon" thing and it is just a huge money grab. $2800 to a Canadian lawyer to get it started, then who knows how much to complete the task. Canada is not worth my time or money to go back, been there 10 times before 2016 picking up cars I bought and going to Moparfest, now they will never get another dime of my money...

I dont understand the DUI thing ?
I know tons of Canadiens because I play hockey and they are the biggiest drinkers I have met ... lol
And Canadas national beverage is Moosehead or Labatts !
I also did not know it was the same for coming back into the states .

What the hell do all your bullshit stories have to do with helping me. No one cares. I’m trying to get ideas and help with a car. That’s what this site is supposed to be about.

Snarky.

Vintage Cars are relatively easy to get from Canada to USA. You’ll need a carrier To bring it to you or at least across the border at a port of entry of your choice. All this because you feel as though you can’t cross and bring it back yourself.
You should and will need to contact homeland security and or the governing authority that handles imports of automobiles into USA and ask them what the requirements are. You will be responsible for any and all normal taxes associated with transferring a vehicles ownership in your state. I do not know if the taxes are due upon import or due upon vehicle registration. Contact Homeland security first and if they aren’t the ones you need to speak with I’m sure they will direct you tot he right folks. The process may take you a few calls but I’m confident you will find out exactly what the process is all within and hour or two.

if the car you’re looking at is in alberta and relatively near to me I will gladly go and look at it for you with a non-bias eye and opinion as to it’s condition.

good luck!

I’m in the process of negotiating a Mopar in Canada. I feel there is a good possibility of me purchasing the car. However, I’m not vaccinated and can’t get into Canada without the Vax card. Has anyone been through this process lately? Does anyone know what my options are? Can I use a friend who is vaxed to enter and do the deal for me or are there companies that could handle the sale for me? Thanks for any help. Lou
I have brought 3 classic vehicles from Canada to Texas.

1) Do not have the owner bring the car across and take possession in the USA. You need a very specific form stamped by US Customs to allow you to register the car in your home state.
This is the top bit of the form
upload_2022-3-22_11-11-34.png

2) Since you will not be the one bringing the car across, go with a reputable broker.
Call Karen, she'll walk you through everything you need.

upload_2022-3-22_11-10-51.png

TFX international does A lot of enclosed car transport from Canada to USA and can and does also act as your broker for the purpose of Import. I believe their fee for that is around $400-500.

You could have them deliver right to you, or again to a port of entry and then have it received there by a business and pick it up if you feel that it is enough of a cost savings to you to warrant that.

It is, but you're looking at it the wrong way. It's YOUR government that makes it a PITA for a Canuck to buy a US car !
I believe it. I cannot stand how you fellers have to pay duties and all that nonsense. I've helped more than one member out with shipping on occasion.

I got a car across last year, but they have changed some things. Culture and Heritage came up with the great idea that if a car has been in Canada for a certain period of time, it can't be exported, I think it's 25 years or something like that. Check into that bit before you drop a bunch of money.

Other than that, it's a few forms you need to fill out. I went through a broker because she knew what she was doing, and it was only $350. It was another $350 for the tow truck driver to haul it over the border.

Dad n I have brought a couple back from US. The last being in 2012. We were our own broker, 72 hours notice at the proper border crossing. Never any hassle from the US side, BUT we had our paperwork in order. Part of that paperwork was my US Entry Waiver that was required for me and cost me huge $$. Yep I was an a$$hole when younger, and still can be!
Also the Entry Waiver is temporary and has to be renewed unfortunately. So BOTH sides can be a$$holes. A Pardon is a very small step for gaining access into our neighbouring countries.
As I said I'm near a border and can try to help if need be, BUT I cant cross.
Good luck
Pandemic or no Pandemic. Both sides want to be paid. I'm not sure the logic in this policy. But it's been true as far as I can remember.

The requirements to cross the border are changing every day. I doo not think you need to show proof of vaccine or even a negative test to cross anymore. Where is the car? I will help if I can.

Cley
Thanks for the offer. It’s in Manitoba. From wha
I have brought 3 classic vehicles from Canada to Texas.

1) Do not have the owner bring the car across and take possession in the USA. You need a very specific form stamped by US Customs to allow you to register the car in your home state.
This is the top bit of the form
View attachment 1715894032

2) Since you will not be the one bringing the car across, go with a reputable broker.
Call Karen, she'll walk you through everything you need.

View attachment 1715894031
That is for that. Very helpful

Well at least I thought your info was helpful Scott....and recent :thankyou:
I got a car across last year, but they have changed some things. Culture and Heritage came up with the great idea that if a car has been in Canada for a certain period of time, it can't be exported, I think it's 25 years or something like that. Check into that bit before you drop a bunch of money.

Other than that, it's a few forms you need to fill out. I went through a broker because she knew what she was doing, and it was only $350. It was another $350 for the tow truck driver to haul it over the border.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer. It’s in Manitoba. From wha

That is for that. Very helpful

From a Canadian, i can tell you that most of the used vehicles we have here (late model) have been getting shipped to the US for awhile now. There are a ton of brokers who do that now because there is big profit to be made with the exchange and with the US demand. I would think finding some help shouldnt be too much of an issue.

hopefully a memeber here can help inspect the car for you. I would help but Manitoba is very far from where i am in Ontario.
Good luck! I am sure if its the right car, things will fall into place for you.

-
Back