in car 10 second run

-
Anyone got any specs on that car?

Just another smallblock Dodge Dart!:cheers:
The car is legal to go 10.00 but it probably has a 9 sec pass in it.Here is another video. [ame="http://youtu.be/fAP_2rxz_GA"]302 Found[/ame]

DodgeDart4-18-12.jpg

going to see it run wed. will get pics. this thing launches like this every time! eddy heads worked hughes solid 904 w transbrake dana with 456s

Question. The wheelie is cool and all but how much energy does it take to lift it? Do you think if the front end stayed on the ground and that same energy was used to move the car forward it would break deep into the 9's?? Aerodynamics are out the window with your front end 6 feet off the ground right?
Could the instant center be moved forward more toward the front tires and keep the cars front end on the ground in turn making
it go faster?
And no I am not bashing, this is cool as all get out. Just posing a question is all.

My car has ran its fastest time pulling a 200 foot wheelie. Yes i could adjust the suspension to kill wheelstand but if I did that then it would be just another boring car at the track. My car is deadly consistant and i have won more bracket races than i can count. :cheers:

Question. The wheelie is cool and all but how much energy does it take to lift it? Do you think if the front end stayed on the ground and that same energy was used to move the car forward it would break deep into the 9's?? Aerodynamics are out the window with your front end 6 feet off the ground right?
Could the instant center be moved forward more toward the front tires and keep the cars front end on the ground in turn making
it go faster?
And no I am not bashing, this is cool as all get out. Just posing a question is all.

I don't think aerodynamics comes much into play until you are going 60-70 mph anyway.

I don't think aerodynamics comes much into play until you are going 60-70 mph anyway.

I hear you but what about that energy lifting the front end? Can that be used to move the car forward by moving the instant center out further toward the front tires? I think it is a ladder bar car from what I can see so raising the front of the bar up on the front hanger may keep the front end down moving the car more forward instead of lifting the front up??

Thoughts?

I hear you but what about that energy lifting the front end? Can that be used to move the car forward by moving the instant center out further toward the front tires? I think it is a ladder bar car from what I can see so raising the front of the bar up on the front hanger may keep the front end down moving the car more forward instead of lifting the front up??

Thoughts?
Do you think NHRA Stockers do it just for fan attraction???? Wouldn't you think when a title (MONEY) is on the line the would leave like a prostock car. What do you think? Maybe there is a reason why MOST leave wheels upbig time.

Do you think NHRA Stockers do it just for fan attraction???? Wouldn't you think when a title (MONEY) is on the line the would leave like a prostock car. What do you think? Maybe there is a reason why MOST leave wheels upbig time.

You make a very good point!

Wheels up is just a sign of big horsepower,great traction and a lightweight nose.

going to see it run wed. will get pics. this thing launches like this every time! eddy heads worked hughes solid 904 w transbrake dana with 456s

Well your in luck because we will be out tomorrow at Infineon. I will make a few runs until my wife shows up and then she will take over. Find me in the staging lanes and say hi. Steve

Samoawheelstand-1.jpg

it go faster?
i hear you on the bashing thing,i bet it would have a 9.80 or so i've seen it run 10 10s at 130 or so .so yeah i would think it has a 9 in it...

steve i hope you guys didnt mind me posting that video of your car just thought it should be seen on the coolest mopar site....mike

i have no problems at all with you posting my video. Hope to meet ya tomorrow night. Remember dress warm it really gets cold when the sun goes down!
I run edelbrock heads.

went to infineon today,very small car count.couple of b bodies running 12s mostly.didn't see lisas dart or the pontiac ventura ?racing was done by 8;30 like i said very small car count. bummer.....

Pretty big bummer when the track is dead. Too early in the season? Or a reflection of the economy?...

Was talking with my niebouryesterday,He is a roofer,and despite the good weather nobody is signing on the dotted line,not even my employer Teck Cominco the biggest smelter in the world and one of the biggest mining conglomerates..

Kinda sucks that even huge companies are nervous to spent now.

Sorry,waaay off topic! RANT OVER,lol..

went to infineon today,very small car count.couple of b bodies running 12s mostly.didn't see lisas dart or the pontiac ventura ?racing was done by 8;30 like i said very small car count. bummer.....

I was out at the track with the Dart til about 6:30. I pulled some real nice rear wheel 60 foots. My wife had to work late so she could not make it out last night. I made 5 time runs and decided to take the car home. There has not been a good turn out at the track on Wednesdays since they raised the entry fees last year. We will be out next Wed night and will be running Memorial weekend also. Saturday May 25 is a test and tune which we will be running, that starts at 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Sunday and Monday is our Summit ET series Bracket races which we will also be running.The gates open at 7:00 AM and time runs at 8:30. Sorry I missed ya! There is usually about 350 cars that will show up for the brackets next weekend. I pit on the return road at the finish line so come and look us up. Steve

wheelsup73,how did you adjust your ladder bars to get it to do that,my dart runs high 9s and barley comes off the ground

wheelsup73,how did you adjust your ladder bars to get it to do that,my dart runs high 9s and barley comes off the ground

My ladder bars are parallel to the ground.My SB 410 motor makes about 590 HP with aluminum heads and my front end is only 90#s heavy from the rear.Total weight of car is 3130 race ready. Now, I have lot of 1st gear ratio in my car. 904 with a 2.75 first gear, 4.56s in the dana 60, t-brake and a 5800 stall converter( 1.32 60 foot times and 1.45 60 foots on the back tires) so traction was the first issue.( I launch at 3000 rpm) Tires are a big part of my wheelstands and I have ran them all but I was givin a set of firestone/phoenix tires by a friend who was having his car tubbed,29.5-10.5 15s I had them mounted and balanced and we went to the track. I ran my fastest run ever in the summer time , picked up .2 in ET and pulled my first wheelie (1 1/2 footer) And that was in 1998.(I usually had ran goodyears or M/Ts) Since then the more power I put to the car the bigger the wheelstand got. I built the 410 smallblock that is in there now 6 years ago and it has been draging the bumper ever since. LOL A loose front suspension is a must for weight transfer. I run the Calvert 90/10s and that also helped alot. My car has 5 1/2 inches of frontend travel.
Check out my web site at www.stevesperformance.net

-
Back