in need of a new steering wheel

-

mopar3401987

Reaction score
i have a 74 dodge challenger with a 2 spoke large original steering wheel and have decided to go with a pro touring rout with my challenger and in need of something in a smaller then what it came with form the factory. does anyone know of any good options for a smaller steering wheel???

There are tons of them on the Autozone website, and most are 14-15 inch.
I got this one recently and love it. (also 14 inch)
The Mopar logo in the center was me playing around with it, and didn't come on the wheel but I have a nice one on there now.

Attachments

• New Wheel.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 180
  • New Wheel2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 177
If you want to keep it Mopar, most steering wheels from the seventies and eighties interchange. I put a '80 Cordoba wheel on my '73 Dodge truck. It measures 15.5" v. the original 17" wheel on the truck.

I just bought a duster with an aftermarket steering wheel i don't like too much. its just not stock. if your interested, lemme know, ill send a pic your way.

I don't know what your build budget is but if your going the Pro Touring route some of the wheel Manufactures like Billet Specialties, offer a matching steering wheel around 14" diameter.

The smallest Mopar wheel I've run across is a 13½" Tuff wheel. It works great with power steering, requires way too much effort to turn a quick ratio manual box. It still requires a fair amount of upper body strength to twist a slow manual box.

I've got an older Grant "Signature Series" wheel with adapter that's in my eBay someday pile. Make an offer.

-
Back