In search of my old 1970 Dart Swinger 340 (LM23HOR158327) - Cash Reward!

-

ericbolton

Reaction score
LM23HOR158327

This is my first post and I hope that it helps me out a little. I am in search of a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 that I used to own. I owned it from 1992 until 1998. I have tracked it down until 2004, but can't find it from there. It was restored in Huntsville Alabama @ J&D Restorations in 1990. It was in Arab Alabama before I got it, I owned it here in Guntersville Alabama, and It made its way to Scottsboro/Pisgah Alabama area after I owned it.

The Car....

It has the VIN Number LM23HOR158327 and had a non-matching 340 in it. It is an orange/reddish color, go mango or Vitamin C orange possibly. It has a black vinyl top, black stripe around the back and black hood scoops. It has black interior with an automatic trans. It has the ralley dash, bucket seats with the center console and automatic in the floor. I believe the car was originally a green car, so it may be green now if someone has restored it again, back to the original color. However it was still the orange/reddish color in 2004.

I have had friends in law enforcement run the vin number through their system, I have been in contact with the gentleman at the Dodge Dart online registry (who led me to the owner in Pisgah Alabama), and down several other roads looking for this car. I feel like it is still in Alabama, but if not it may be in one of the neighboring states.

I want to buy this car back, but if the current owner does not want to sell the car, I just want to know of its whereabouts. I am prepared to give $500 to the person who just leads me to this exact car, whether I buy the car or not. If you are wondering why I want to know where this car is, it is because it was the car I drove when I was 16.

The car was hit lightly in the front when I got it, so when we re-painted the hood, we didn't flat black it like it is in this picture. We painted the hood the orange color, and only painted the hood scoops black.

Thanks for your time,
Eric Bolton

DSC02186.jpg

Thanks, I am going to post a picture of it on here as well.

Thanks,
Eric Bolton

This is why you never sell a car,
you have to spend more money on it down the track
to get it back :p

Good luck with the search!

Good luck Eric! I'm currently searching for my dad's old '69 GTO he sold when I was born. So far I've tracked it down to Squamish B.C where it was spotted last summer.

Good luck Eric! I'm currently searching for my dad's old '69 GTO he sold when I was born. So far I've tracked it down to Squamish B.C where it was spotted last summer.

I sold my 1970 340 Duster back in 1991 (two weeks into my first year of college) after I decided to split a power pole half way up in a Ford EXP. Yes it was karma. Too fast in a car with maybe 90 hp. I still don't know how I went fast enough to split that pole half way up.....anyway I didn't try very hard but finally sold it with my dad's motivation (he paid $816 for the pole) in the middle of winter with no choke for like $800 with its new 292 508 cam with no choke in Sault Ste Marie Canada. It didn't start real easy or warm up if you could imagine. I would be willing to pay some good money for that car if it is still around. Sorry to attach to your post but I understand how bad you want that car back.

Can anyone tell me why this post got moved from "cars for sale" to "general discussion"? It is still in cars for sale, but also in general discussion. Just wondering since I didn't do it.

Thanks,
Eric Bolton

Cool story first I have seen of it...... I would be doing the same thing you are...Luckly i still have my first mopar I ever bought back in 93.. I have often thought of selling it but My wife says she would sell me first.... I will keep my eyes open in upstate NY..good luck with your search

I know its an old post but Eric is still trying to track his old '70 Down.

Thanks Kegan! If anyone knows of this cars whereabouts, please contact me. Thank you all!

-
Back