in the middle of gas tank install...what does this hook up to?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

In the middle of an extended mess of a gas tank install.

What is this fitting on the sending unit? I recognize the electrical attachment for the gauge, and the fuel outlet. What is the additional tube/barb fitting for?

My existing sender does not have this. I could use it but don't want to because it is a chinese pos with a plastic float and the gauge doesn't work with it properly.

IMG_1687.jpg

Of course, first these clowns sent me the wrong tank, then they sent me the correct tank, but didn't happen to think that the sender was probably different. Annoying.

Thanks for any help

steve

Use a neoprene cap suited for fuel. A rubber vacuum cap wouldn't last very long there.

Don't have a charcoal cannister.

So I can just cap it off and forget about it?

Thanks
Steve

Mine has a cap on one of them. But, I do have a charcoal canister. I'll probably find out where it goes and reconnect it one of these days.

Attachments

• sendingunit.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 190
One thing you might keep in mind, since you have that "free" fitting, is that if you develop vapor lock or other hot fuel issues, a "vapor return" system is VERY effective for preventing vapor lock and fuel boil over on shutdown. all you need is to run a tube from that tank fitting up front, and use an aftermarke (Wix) filter with the third return fitting on the can.

-
Back