Inboard Spring--from RMS

-

moparsegura

moparmaster
Reaction score
Well.....UPS just dropped off my box from RMS!! Gonna do a spring inboard on my 69 Cuda... I'll take tons of pics when I get started and try to make it some useful information that some of you guys may want to use. May be a couple weeks before I get started but I'll add pics as soon as I do!!

Attachments

• inboard.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 332
they ar nice pieces. was checking them out last time i was up there. seem a lot thicker then the MP ones i have seen.

A good tip I got from a fellow member,was to run a 6 ft. length of rod from box to box when installing these.It worked for me!Good luck.

P.S Measure,measure,measure,then measure again LOL

Yea Bill sent me several good pics. to go by and the parts are awesome quality. Any body know how fat of a tire I can stuff without a mini tub?? Right now I have 275/60/15's with 15 by 8 Jegs prostars with 4.5 bs. I'd like to have some fatty's under there.

yea, have to move the springs in.....even not mini tubbing it. Kinda close here. These may be as fat as I can go???

Attachments

• wheel1.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 268
The inner wheel well is the next point of contact. If you are not going to mini tub it then the offset spring hanger kit would be the way to go. You may get around another inch of room with the spring out of the way before it hits the inner fender.

Hell....I may do a mini on it??? Just don't want to lose the back seat or have to hack up my inside panels.

If you want a much bigger tire than what you got you will need too. Cant say for sure on Cudas, never had one. But I think with just mini tubs you can keep the rear seat and no panel mods should be needed. Think that is only with full wheel tubs. I am sure some one who has done a mini tub on there Cuda will chime in and give you the scoop.

Burnt Orange is correct. If your not going to mini tub it the offset shackle kit will allow you to use the entire wheel well. I had 325-50-15 on the back of my 69 with out mini tubbing it. It was tight though. a 275-60-15 on a 8.5" rim fits perfect back there with the offset shackles.

If you were to mini tub it say good by to the rear seat unless you want to narrow it. How ever you can fit some huge tires back there mini tubbed.

Man that is a fatty---325/50/15!! Have any pics of it?? I'm gonna do the inboard anyway since I already have it and if I get stupid later and wanna cut in to it that part will already be done. How wide is a 325/50/15 and do you think a 8 in. wide rim would hold it ok?? 4.5 bs

I'll see if I can find some pictures, I had them on a 8.5" rim which was kinda narrow for them 10" to 12" would be better but no way would that fit and look good with out mini tubbing.

Ii had my springs in the frame rail to for the same reason, just incase I wanted to tub it. I had planned on mini tubbing it and running a 15X10.5 with 7.25" of back spacing.

I'm not against a mini-tub, but after looking at it there is no way to do it with out getting into the inside panels. Right now I wanna keep it together on the inside. I'd love to see your pics if you get a chance to post them. I bet that thing looked mean.

Not sure if I have any pictures with the 325-50s on it anymore. I'll try and dig some up.

I have seen pictures of a 68 fastback were the widened the interior panels and narrowed the rear seat to hide the tubs. Pretty neat, a ton of work though.

Yea I bet! I may have to do it....just to stand out from the rest??? For now I just wanna roll on the fattest one's I can stuff in there. Just a street car and just for looks, but man they look awesome.

Watching your progress also. Just started on a 69 Dart and don't really want to "hack" up my wheel wells ...yet. Never done a spring relocation so I'll be
following your progress. What size tire you plan on stuffing in?

Heres the 275-60-15s on 15X8.5" Centerlines with 4-7/8" backspacing

86.jpg

-
Back