Indian Arrowheads

-
BP? Shi....even the current athiest Chinese government uses BC in their museums. My pastor got a kick out of that when doing some under the radar missionary work over there. Take religion out, say its 'Before Ceasar (Augustus)'.

many are being made today. or a few .

Looks like a real nice axe to me....Yes that long black obsidian one would be the most valuable of all you have pictured.....

I have heard the same about the obsidian ones being more valuable :glasses7:

Very cool, I have only found 1 in my life and I found it in the rocks on the shore at my grandpas cabin. Lots of them can be found in MN, I know a pair of old men who are brothers, there was an area near them and as kids they would find them all over the place in a field and near a lake....a huge collection! A local dam was built and the lake got bigger , forever biting all the cool stuff. But here in MN, lake shores are great places to look, lots of fishing and hunting happened at the waters edge and this is a common place to look.... And it helps that we have over 10,000 lakes here too :glasses7:

I found one years ago while camping with my wife and kids. We were way back up in the forest and I saw what I thought was a shard of glass in the dirt.. Turned out to be a perfect obsidian arrowhead. That got me to thinking of what it was like, only a hundred fifty years ago, right there in that very spot. This was the Wild West, not that long ago!

Its real hard to get them in Florida because you only pick them up or dig for them on private land with permission. Felony from rivers creeks or state land. There are lots of points here but access is hard to get.

My uncle Randy used to find heads, axe heads, all kinds of stuff....even an old civil war sword in the farm fields of central Illinois!! He would always take them to the IL State Museum to have them verified and the museum actually would purchase some of his finds for their exhibits.
He would just go ask the field owners for permission to walk the field, most said yes.

-
Back