Indy 500 wheel over the fence.

-

crackedback

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wheel and tire cleared the grandstrands, luckily. Hope nobody was got clipped by it. Would have been a bad scene had it landed in the grnadstands.

Looks like nobody was injured from the loose tire.

Sure hope the rental it hit has the deductible waiver! :lol:

I never heard them tell where the tire and wheel went.

They showed on the news the tire ended up in the parking lot damaging the left front fender of a car. They also said one person was injured , but not seriously.

They showed on the news the tire ended up in the parking lot damaging the left front fender of a car. They also said one person was injured , but not seriously.
Hopefully that's accurate. That couldda been a really bad day for someone.

They showed a picture of the car that the tire hit. Lucky no one was killed!

AA1bOALh.jpg

They kept showing the crash over and over. My buddy and I were watching that tire go up and over the fence. Another second earlier OR later and someone would have been seriously hurt or killed.

They kept showing the crash over and over. My buddy and I were watching that tire go up and over the fence. Another second earlier OR later and someone would have been seriously hurt or killed.

It's been a while since a tire went in the stands and the results are never good. Lucky it missed for sure.

Agreed, 50 feet earlier or later on the track and that is a bad scene. Into the stands or the trackside suites.

IIRC, they mentioned where the tire landed around the same time as the drivers from the incident were coming out of the infield care center.

I started watching the race and caught about 20 laps (my limit) while I ate. Took a nice nap and when I woke up it was red flagged with 12 laps to go. So I caught all the action.

Ther have been spectators killed by tires flying into the crowd, three killed in one incident, along with several injured. At least three incidents, according to espn.

-
Back